“Fun, but not what I was looking for...”

Hawaii Volcano Tours
Ranked #15 of 36 Outdoor Activities in Hilo
More attraction details
Owner description: Lava and sight-seeing tours. Call for custom tours for your travel to Hawaii's Big Island.
Seattle, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun, but not what I was looking for...”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Tour was nice because they drove and we didn't have to pay for fuel in our 16mpg Jeep. I specifically asked and was told that we would have a geologist as a guide, which was not the case, but was still a good experience.

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Lakeville, Minnesota
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Hire a native guide!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have been to Hawaii Volcanoes National park several times, but this year we decided to hire Native Hawaiian guide, Warren Costa, and we were not disappointed! Warren knows so much about the land, the traditions, the volcanoes, the plants etc. The weather the day we went was not very good, and we got very wet, but I can highly recommend Warren Costa's Native Guide business!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank DianeDAire
Norwich, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“GTT volcano and island tour with Auntie Karen”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked with island marketing and were met at Hilo pier by Auntie Karen from GTT.She has lived on the island for 30+ years . We knew from the moment we met her that it was going to be a great day-she was enthusiastic, informative and such a great lady. As well as taking us to the volcano,black sand beach, falls, macadamia nut factory and orchid farms she told us so much more about the culture andlife on Hilo.We even met some of her chuch youth group on a picnic.Karen gave us an overview of the legends and beliefs of the island, Pele in particular (and Pele's hair) and stories of her extended family's adventures living, fishing and hunting on Hilo.These stories brought the island alive in a way which the regular tours do not.

Visited January 2013
5 Thank umberstmum
Hilo, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Volcano Flight - Iolani air”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The best view of the volcanoes is by air and what better way to do it than on a private flight?! Pilot Dale gave us a great tour and shared his extensive knowledge about Hilo. This was an unforgettable experience!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lucy H
Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“tours4fun.com 1 day tour”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I took this tour. This is my first tour from tours4fun. I am not that impressed. First they have not given me the hotel I choose then they didn't confirm me the room I wanted. They asked me extra money twice for less star hotel than what I selected. All the time I needed to followup them to get the confirmation status. Call operator also not professional to resolve all the query in single time. You need to call again and again. Also they will send you multiple email on single query. Tour they have provided with local china tour operator which is horrible. Tour guide know very minimal english, so all the time he/she will describe more things in Chineese than in English. Tour guides also not professional. They will provide the drop off the time they want, it may be 3-4 hours before your flight time. Overall I would recommend this tour for the people may be who knows chinesse or who thinks this may save your money considering all the challenges I have told.

Visited October 2012