“Sushi that are better than in Japan”

Sushi Rock and Trio
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Hawi
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A 5 star casual experience expanding the horizons of sushi featuring locally grown and raised mostly organic products and ingredients.Plenty of offeings for non fish eaters,vegetarians and those needing gluten free dining.Owner operated ,friendly and welcoming.Amazing house made desserts,salads,sandwiches,broiled items and, of course,world famous sushi!
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stumbled upon this place by accident - just driving by and wanting to eat. What a surprise that was! The sushi are wonderfully-made with modern fusion experimentation that works unbelievably well. We spent about a month in Japan, and the sushi at Sushi Rock are, in fact, better than in their country of origin. If you are in for dinner, definitely try the chef's selection - you'll get a lot and price-wise it's the best deal. The only drawback is that the restaurant does not have a lunch menu, so if you come there for lunch, it will be rather expensive. It's definitely a dinner place.

alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

What a complimentThanks so much.Your words are so appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Sushi Rock and Trio

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Fish can't get any fresher here. we sat at the bar, got to watch them at work, very nice men. The service was pretty good, a bit sporadic. My husband had the Ahi sashimi, delectable. We shared a "baked mac-nut chevre" salad which was delicious. I had the Hokey-Pokey roll, which created a lot of jokes, and was quite good as well. they do have low sodium soy sauce which I always appreciate. for dessert, try the macadamia pie, can barely tell it is not pecan. Yum all over.

Trust me it never gets tired.Thanks so so much for sharing your review.Aloha and mahalo.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We ate here with two other couples, some of whom were not familiar with sushi. The service was great, with lots of suggestions. The sushi rolls were very good and some were very unique! I would recommend this restaurant, even for beginner sushi eaters!

alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Your review just made my morning.While trying hard to open Trio next door we are striving to keep up the same quality at Sushi Rock that people have come to expect.Thank you so much.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We found this place through the recommendations that it received on Facebook and we were not disappointed. It is a funky little restaurant but the staff is warm, welcoming and accommodating & the food is fresh, tasty with tons of flavor. My Tropical Nori Maki included ahi, papaya, macadamia nuts and cucumber. The menu said it could come spicy, which I requested, but it wasn't spicy......no matter, the tastes were so good I liked it just the way it was served. Another in our party got a salad that was huge & included 2 fillets of fish cooked to perfection.
This place is a "find" for solid food prepared with attention to detail.

alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

So glad you enjoyed your visit with us.Sorry your Tropical Treat roll wasnt spicy enough...attention to detail is mportant and we will work on that.I hope to see you again soon.Thanks alot for taking the time to write.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We are picky and vegetarian, and to our dismay, many restaurants in Hawaii do not really cater to vegetarians. But Sushi Rock did not disappoint. We went there for two evenings in a row, returning the second night because we were so happy with the first! We especially enjoyed the sushi rolls for vegetarians - the "Harvest" was really outstanding. Appetizers were good too, such as the salad with goat cheese. Although we don't eat fish, the entrees and rolls looked good, again creatively put together with a wonderful array of ingredients. My husband had the chocolate pie with ice cream (forget the name), but it too was delicious.

It is very important to me that vegetarians and others on particular diets find great choices at Sushi Rock.I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us.I am not a vegetarian but I do enjoy eating vegetarian options and Im so happy you were pleased with our food.