“Best meal on big island”

Sushi Rock and Trio
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Hawi
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A 5 star casual experience expanding the horizons of sushi featuring locally grown and raised mostly organic products and ingredients.Plenty of offeings for non fish eaters,vegetarians and those needing gluten free dining.Owner operated ,friendly and welcoming.Amazing house made desserts,salads,sandwiches,broiled items and, of course,world famous sushi!
Larchmont, New York
“Best meal on big island”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We are sushi lovers and can't heap enough praise on sushi rock. The menu is imaginative and everything we ordered was delicious. The poke with brown rice was mouthwatering and even the miso soup was extraordinary. Don't miss the cheesecake!

• Visited January 2014
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Your review is like a holiday present to myself and my staff.I am so happy that you enjoyed what we have to offer.Thanks for posting.

McLean, Virginia
“Creatively wonderful sushi!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We surprised Sushi Rock yesterday (12/30) with a party of 6 and they were happy to accommodate us. The sushi came quick and steady -- and we were very pleased. Sushi Rock has a unique blend of tradiitonal sushi with what I'd consider avant garde sushi. There were interesting combinations (seared beef as a topper?) and spice mixes to boot. Our gang shared the offerings and ordered a small second round that went quickly as well. Seeing as though we didn't have a reservation, we were very fortunate to get seated right around noon, because by the time we left, it was SRO! Will definitely come baclk to Hawi next time we're on the Big Island. Mahalo, Peter and crew!

• Visited December 2013
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
What can I say?All aspects of your remarks make me so happy.I am so glad you were taken care of and that you enjoyed your food.We do it all for folks like you.Aloha and Happy New Year!
Hawi, Hawaii
“Best fish on Kona/Hilo”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stopped here on the way to the King Kamehameha Statue. I got the Sunset roll and spicy ahi. Fish is so fresh, and it is by far the best sushi on the island. Loved it!

• Visited December 2013
How nice of you to take the time to write such kind comments.All of us at Sushi Rock are grateful for your efforts and for your appreciation of ours!
Berkeley, California
“A True Gem in a Small Town”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Being from the San Francisco Bay Area, we are spoiled when it comes to sushi restaurants. But I had read reviews of Sushi Rock and we made a special trip to Hawi for shopping and to eat there. We had five in our party and arrived right as the place was opening for lunch. Peter took the time to recommend rolls for us and we were all delighted with the fresh ingredients and unique combinations. As usual, our imaginations were much larger than our stomachs, so we left the restaurant completely full. We are still talking about the great tastes and the friendly service. A sushi experience we will not forget!

Visited December 2013
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thanks you so much for your kind comments and for taking the time to write.I was truly hurt by the previous reviewers comments which I know to be untrue and reading your review absolutely made my day.Your comments are very much appreciated!
New York City, New York
“I am still dreaming of the pipeline roll!!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stumbled on this joint during our drive up the Kohala Coast. It was so busy that we could only sit at the sushi bar, which was our preferred choice. We were able to see all of the different concoctions coming out of the kitchen and sushi bar. The pipeline roll was hands down one of the best rolls I have ever had. Unfortunately, we noticed the ceviche after we ate, otherwise, that would have made it to my plate as well. Can't wait to return...

• Visited December 2013
You made my day with your comments.Happy New Year and thanks so much!