“Wonderful sushi”

Sushi Rock and Trio
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Hawi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A 5 star casual experience expanding the horizons of sushi featuring locally grown and raised mostly organic products and ingredients.Plenty of offeings for non fish eaters,vegetarians and those needing gluten free dining.Owner operated ,friendly and welcoming.Amazing house made desserts,salads,sandwiches,broiled items and, of course,world famous sushi!
Brooksville, Maine
“Wonderful sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We love this place. To start with, make a reservation because it is deservedly popular and it is a small place. The sushi is inventive with great and unexpected combinations that work beautifully and are as beautiful to look at as they are delicious. We have eaten there multiple times over the past two years and have always loved our food. Normally we eat too much to try the desserts but we went for my husband's birthday this year and had the intense, chocolate, flourless tart which was divine.

Visited April 2013
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thanks so much.We love what we do it and we are thrilled it was reflected in your meal

“Well worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I found this restaurant on trip advisor about four months before my trip to Hawaii. It was well worth the wait. The food was absolutely delicious. I will come back every time I am on the big island

alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thanks so much.SO glad you enjoyed your experience.Aloha-Peter
Puako, Hawaii
“Yumminess with charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Sushi Rock is a fabulous little restaurant in Hawi, on the Big Island. The place serves up the BEST healthiest sushi and japanese fusion food. If you are on the Big Island, don't miss this place! I am on a super restrictive food allergy diet, and they were able to make something delicious even for me! The creativity of this place infuses the restaurant and the food with something you can't quite put your finger on, but that you want more of in your life.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Puako
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for the kind remarks.One of my missions at The Rock is to provide delicious tastes for people on restricted diets.So glad you enjoyed your meal!
Vernon, VT
“Top notch Sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The owner was very friendly and accommodating. The food was wonderful and the cocktails enticing. We went back 3 times during our visit.

• Visited December 2012
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Wow.I am blown away by your review.I cannot tell you how much it means to me and my staff that you appreciate our hard work.We really try so hard to create the best dining experience and I am so gratified that you enjoyed it.Aloha-Peter
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Travel half way around the world for the best sushi ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the absolutely best sushi ever! I traveled half way around the world to find it and I would go back at my first chance. Unique combinations of the freshest fish in a funky, comfortable setting make this the quintessential sushi outing.

• Visited March 2013
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Wow...what an accolade.I so appreciate your kind remarks.Please visit with us again.Aloha and mahalo.