“so many choices”

Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Hawi
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A 5 star casual experience expanding the horizons of sushi featuring locally grown and raised mostly organic products and ingredients.Plenty of offeings for non fish eaters,vegetarians and those needing gluten free dining.Owner operated ,friendly and welcoming.Amazing house made desserts,salads,sandwiches,broiled items and, of course,world famous sushi!
Waimea, Hawaii
“so many choices”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Will definitely have to return - there were just so many choices and I changes my mind every time I looked back at the menu. Lots of local ingredients and some very creative combos.

• Visited March 2013
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thanks so much.Im glad you appreciate the options we offer.Thanks for taking the time to write!

New York City, New York
“The Best Most Inventive Sushi in the World”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have lived in NYC for 17 years I have tried all the supposed best sushi in NYC including Per Se, Nobu etc and I have traveled extensively. I can honestly say this is the best most innovative sushi joint in the WORLD. It is absolutely sublime and they do an incredible job of using hawaii's bounty of fish, vegetables and fruit. A reason to come to Hawaii all by itself. Literally everything is fantastic. You have to close your eyes and ruminate on the fabulousness (is that a word?) of every bite. I am a total restaurant snob and this place is genius!!!

alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Wow...now thats praise! I am humbled by your words.My staff and I show up every day with the intention of serving up something special and wonderful to each and every guest..Thanks so much for noticing and appreciating.Mahalo-Peter
Courtenay, Canada
“Best and most imaginative sushi”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I eat a lot of sushi, being from the West Coast of BC, and this was one of the best sushi restaurants I have tried. Impressive variety and imaginative use of local ingredients, which made for a unique dining experience. Also, being celiac, I often have to bring my own gluten free soy sauce and am often very limited in what I can eat. Sushi Rock had not one but two choices of gluten free soy sauce, and I had a wide range of choices on the menu which were gluten free. Friendly service and a cozy atmosphere as well. We will be back!

• Visited February 2013
Thanks so much for your praise.My staff and I work so hard to achieve what you have described.Your comments are much appreciated..
“The Best”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Forget the rest, eat the best. We ate at all the " oh you must eat here" places on the Big Island. They all sucked in comparison to Sushi Rock. Hands down best food on the island. Yes it's a tiny place. Yes it's a funky atmosphere. No there are no white linens. But the food is so amazingly good and it's not over-priced liked everywhere else. Peter, your Sushi Rocks!

alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
As we approach our 10th anniversary I cant begin to tell you how much your review means to all of us at The Rock!Thanks for taking the time to write.Aloha-Peter
San Mateo, California
“I yearn to go back to Sushi Rock”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I'm from the San Fran bay area and we have a lot of good/great sushi here, but Sushi Rock is easily the best I've ever had in my life. The sashimi melted in your mouth, and some of the rolls, i.e. pele's revenge had to much flavor to describe in words. We had a group of six for late lunch, so I tried a variety of different rolls and was equally impressed with all of them. We visited Oct. 2012 (Go Giants), so I know this review is a little late but it was always nagging in the back of my mind because this place deserves it. Simply amazing!!!!!

Visited October 2012
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
So appreciative of your comments.Thanks so much.Aloha-Peter