“BEST MEAL ON OUR VACATION”

Sushi Rock and Trio
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Hawi
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A 5 star casual experience expanding the horizons of sushi featuring locally grown and raised mostly organic products and ingredients.Plenty of offeings for non fish eaters,vegetarians and those needing gluten free dining.Owner operated ,friendly and welcoming.Amazing house made desserts,salads,sandwiches,broiled items and, of course,world famous sushi!
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We just spent a week on the big island, and our meal at Sushi Rock was the gastronomic highlight. We had rolls, a sandwich, and noodles. All were great! We topped it off with the awesome home-made chocolate cake desert. The meal was delicious and the place had a relaxed and friendly vibe that was perfect for vacation.

1  Thank Tania G
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

How kind of you to take the time to write such a nice review.My staff and I totally appreciate everything you have to say.I hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Sushi Rock and Trio

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The seafood in the sushi was really fresh. The different rolls were innovative - we tried several that used local veggies and even local beef filet. Unusual for a sushi restaurant, even the desserts were good - the macadamia nut tart and the local sweet potato cheesecake were excellent. The service was very good.

Thanks so much.You make all the work worthwhile!Mahalo!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Lunch on a recent visit included a special tuna dish: seared and spiced ahi with incredibly delicious poke, rice, and seaweed (at least I think it was seaweed ... it was certainly green and delicious). Wow! I just loved every bite!
Note that this dish is priced more like a dinner entree ... I am not complaining, though ... there was a huge quantity of excellent tuna (such a treat).
My partner had a sandwich that he enjoyed too.
I'd love to work my way through the menu!

alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Aloha-How cool of you to take the time to write such a nice review.We are so happy that you enjoyed your meal with us.Sushi Rock tries hard to serve up the love and it feels great that people are appreciating our hard work!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great restaurant to visit. My kids still talk about the inari. We loved the unusual sushi combinations and flavors that, for the most part, worked really well.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We wanted to get here after hearing nothing but wonderful things. Finally made it and they lived up to the hype! We had a local goat cheese roll that was so amazing, we had to order a second. Not as inexpensive as we had heard, but well worth it as part of a fun-filled Hawi outing. Would like to see a few more wines on the wine list to compliment the sushi. Thank you to the super cool owner for giving us advice on a local place to run. We ended up having a great adventure that day running along the coast thanks to his advise. And he also applied the kama'aina discount for us after finding out we were Kona residents without us even having to ask or even knowing about it! We will definitely make it back soon! Mahalos!

1  Thank Loren C
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thanks so much for your comments.As far as wine goes,I too wish we could have a bigger selection.The issue for me is space! If you didn't this time next visit try our Sauvignon Blanc from Chile,I went to the vineyard myself and chose this for its compatability with our cuisine!Much mahalo and aloha to you.