“Taste explosion!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sushi Rock and Trio
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Hawi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A 5 star casual experience expanding the horizons of sushi featuring locally grown and raised mostly organic products and ingredients.Plenty of offeings for non fish eaters,vegetarians and those needing gluten free dining.Owner operated ,friendly and welcoming.Amazing house made desserts,salads,sandwiches,broiled items and, of course,world famous sushi!
British Columbia
“Taste explosion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Lunch on a recent visit included a special tuna dish: seared and spiced ahi with incredibly delicious poke, rice, and seaweed (at least I think it was seaweed ... it was certainly green and delicious). Wow! I just loved every bite!
Note that this dish is priced more like a dinner entree ... I am not complaining, though ... there was a huge quantity of excellent tuna (such a treat).
My partner had a sandwich that he enjoyed too.
I'd love to work my way through the menu!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Aloha-How cool of you to take the time to write such a nice review.We are so happy that you enjoyed your meal with us.Sushi Rock tries hard to serve up the love and it feels great that people are appreciating our hard work!

Portland, Oregon
“Tasty sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great restaurant to visit. My kids still talk about the inari. We loved the unusual sushi combinations and flavors that, for the most part, worked really well.

Visited March 2012
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Awesome Goat Cheese Roll!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We wanted to get here after hearing nothing but wonderful things. Finally made it and they lived up to the hype! We had a local goat cheese roll that was so amazing, we had to order a second. Not as inexpensive as we had heard, but well worth it as part of a fun-filled Hawi outing. Would like to see a few more wines on the wine list to compliment the sushi. Thank you to the super cool owner for giving us advice on a local place to run. We ended up having a great adventure that day running along the coast thanks to his advise. And he also applied the kama'aina discount for us after finding out we were Kona residents without us even having to ask or even knowing about it! We will definitely make it back soon! Mahalos!

1 Thank Loren C
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments.As far as wine goes,I too wish we could have a bigger selection.The issue for me is space! If you didn't this time next visit try our Sauvignon Blanc from Chile,I went to the vineyard myself and chose this for its compatability with our cuisine!Much mahalo and aloha to you.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Delicious sushi AND dessert in the same place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had the harvest roll which consisted of wasabi infused purple potato, avocado, Sichuan sauce, and Fuji apple. Best vegan roll I've ever had. I also got the special which was similarly structured, only without the potato and included ahi and my choice of tenderloin or ahi on the outside.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I beg of you, try the purple potato cheesecake. It sounded questionable, but my friends and I all ordered all 5 desserts on their menu and agreed it was the best by far.

Would go back here repeatedly. Service was sufficient, and we were even visited by Jack Jack, and adorable resident feline.

2 Thank absolutangel21
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thanks for your comments.I am so glad you enjoyed our food.Sorry if the service was not quite up to our and your standards.I take your comments to heart and am constantly looking for ways to improve.I am happy that you loved our food and got to meet Jack Jack.
Victoria, Canada
“Make sure you eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wonderful food, fun relaxed atmosphere in an "edge of the world" setting. A terrific lunch stop, but book for dinner. Seating is limited and the word about this gem is getting out!

1 Thank Gail M
alohapeter, Owner at Sushi Rock and Trio, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I cannot tell you how much we all appreciate you taking the time to write such kind remarks about Sushi Roc.It takes hard work to do this everyday and your remarks remind us why we do it.I will head in today determined to do it again.I so look forward to serving you again!Mahalo.