“Great vegan, gluten free food”

Sweet Potato Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Hawi
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sweet Potato Kitchen is a Gluten-Free Kitchen specializing in Non-GMO, Organic, Vegan Foods. We support our Community by acquiring ingredients Locally, making Healthy Foods that appeal to Adults & Children, keeping the menu fun, delicious & priced low enough that folks can enjoy daily visits! Our Head Chef, with his many years of experience, is amazingly talented when it comes to putting simple ingredients together to create a Divine dining experience! His sauces & gravies are Off-the-Chart! (The Mushroom Gravy combines Reishi & Miatake Mushrooms with various garden veggies and spices. Incredible and just $1.50!) We also offer Vegan Sweets & Treats like Coconut Cream based Ice Creams, Cream-filled cakes, Filled Chocolate Cups, Shakes, Smoothies, Brownies & items like Homemade PB&J on freshly baked Banana Bread! Pair that with any one of dozens of Teas, Juices, Coffee Alternatives or French Press Kona Coffee and enjoy a real treat! It's a great way to begin (or end) any day!
Boise, Idaho
“Great vegan, gluten free food”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a fun place tucked down a short walkway into an outdoor dining area surrounded by jungle. The food was excellent. I had the beetsteak plate which included very fresh wilted greens and some of the best mashed sweet potatoes I've ever had. The beetsteak itself was very unusual but very tasty. Everything is GMO and gluten free as well as vegan and locally grown. My husband had oatmeal with raisins, nuts and mashed sweet potatoes and also a piece of fresh peach/apple cobbler with passion fruit ice cream to die for. Made with coconut cream it was much creamier and richer tasting than dairy. If you're in Hawi - don't miss this place.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Suzyval

Kapaau, Hawaii
“Wholesome and comfy”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Tucked away in the little town of Hawi, the best little vegetarian restaurant. The help is wonderful and the outdoor feel is great. If you are looking for wholesome and organic food, this is the place.

Visited January 2014
Agoura Hills, California
“Great place for healthy and tasty breakfast or lunch in Hawi”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We went to the Sweet Potato Kitchen and Take-Out for lunch. It is a little hard to find off the main highway. There address is: 55-3406 Akoni Pule Hwy Hawi, HI 96719
(808) 345-7300

This place has a lot of soul and character and great food. It is very laid back and a nice vibe. Everyone that worked there was very friendly and helpful in explaining the menu and ingredients.

The food is all veggie. My wife and I loved everything we tried.
I had the beet steak, smashed potatoes and wilted greens plate and my wife had Taro root burger. We also tried the garden asparagus soup and
a slice of chocolate ganache pie.

Everything was delicious. I can't wait to go back on my next trip to the big island.

If you looking for a healthy and veggie alternative to breakfast or lunch you have got to give this place a try when in the North Kohala area.

They are working on a cookbook. I'm going to keep my eye out for that and can't wait to get one.

There website is: http://sweetpotatokitchen.com/