“Coffee, sandwiches, shaved ice and fudge!”
Review of Kohala Coffee Mill

Kohala Coffee Mill
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Hawi
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I stopped at this delightful spot for coffee and a quick bite to eat. Coffee and sandwiches are downstairs, the shaved ice and fudge was upstairs. The coffee was great, the veggie sandwich was outstanding, our first taste of shaved ice (mango + strawberry) was a really treat and too top it all off, we took several pieces of their excellent homemade fudge for the rest of our journey. Well worth the stop.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I stopped by to have quick lunch. I had garden salad with honey balsamic vinagrette dressing. This dressing is AMAZING!!! So tasty, full of flavor!! I usually put a little dressing on my salad, but this time was exception. I pour all dressing over my salad.
I want everyone to try this delicious dressing out! Not to mention, salad itself was good too!
And my husband had turkey sandwich and he was satisfied!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Too make it short: the smoothies were great. No artificial crap but extremely tasty fruit drinks.

The veggy burger probably was the best I ever had. Even though I eat meat there would be no reason to prefer a "normal" burger over their veggy burger. Try it!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stopped in for their ice cream as indicate in The Big Island Revealed guidebook ( if going the guidebook is a super fantastic aid). we had double scoop (3 flavors) waffle cone ($6.75 each). They were VERY good but not out of this world. WE had pistachio, coffee, orange dream, white pineapple sherbet. A fun stop.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

When we first arrived for lunch, the line to place orders was quite long. Great surprise, though: the staff patiently takes each order and before you know it, a fresh and tasty treat is ready for you. I had a wrap and my friends had prepared- to -order sandwiches. Delicious. And the coffee was hot and good.
The staff was friendly and helpful, serving up directions and local information as they served up the food.
This is a "hole in the wall" coffee shop with indoor and outdoor tables and some souvenirs available, in Hawi town. Parking was a challenge but not impossible.