“Best lunch spot on the Big Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kohala Coffee Mill

Kohala Coffee Mill
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Hawi
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Delta, B.C.
“Best lunch spot on the Big Island”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

...Definitely the best lunch I had on the Big Island, the made to order wrap and great coffee hit the spot when we were there...an added plus: live music.

• Visited December 2012

“Good island ice cream.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Not a lot of options but great for a little ice cream stop! Nice little store next door as well. I would probably go back.

Visited April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Limited menu, friendly staff”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped in here for brunch. I ordered a "made to order" sandwich which was served just that way...the bread, the meat, and the condiments on a plate for me to assemble. We also got some locally made icecream. Nice, quaint location.

Visited March 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Most apathetic Customer service ever experienced”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went to kohala, the past weekend and ordered two coffees, a bagel with cream cheese and a toasted croissant. After waiting 15 Minutes, when questioned staff simply said we were behind a big order. After 20 minutes, had to take the coffee back as it was cold. If they had any idea of what the importance of a customer was ,they would have apologized and replaced the coffee. No, they put the half full cups in the microwave! Still no bagel or croissant. Another ten minutes now close to half an hour , received them, still no apology or any acknowledgement of the time that had lapsed. Service is the reason people return again and recommend it to friends. Lack of service , uncaring staff are the reason we will never return again .

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank MurryO
kohalacoffeemill, Owner at Kohala Coffee Mill, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hey there, I just saw your review from last March. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with our service. We are continually working on how to improve our customers' experience. Hot coffee and an apology are the least we could have done for you. I hope you will give us a second chance sometime in the future. Word of mouth is the best advertising there is, good or bad and it is especially important for us to serve our neighbors well. When you find yourself in Hawi, please stop in and see how we're doing. I appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to learn from our mistakes. My name is Karen and I hope you will ask for me when you are here and let me know if your experience is any better.
Kohala, Hawaii
“Serving Big Island Coffee, Breakfast and Lunch”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I live in Hawi and visit the Coffee Mill at least once a week. Sometimes I just run in for a iced ginger green tea to go, but more often I'm meeting someone for breakfast. lunch or coffee. Great place for unique gifts as well! Come taste a bit of the real Hawi.

Visited March 2013