“An oasis”

Bamboo Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Hawi
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Come to Bamboo for a feeling of the "Real Hawaii". Located in a historic building, we offer lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch, and we invented the Passion Fruit Margarita and Mojito. Browse the gallery for local art and crafts. Come and find the aloha of the islands!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am an explorer my family, is a lttle less enthusiastic. I talked them into driving north with a promised lunch, at another resteraunt, it was no longer open, this one was. Fate is awesome, this resteraunt had a nice shop inside, a gallery upstairs, and every dish was delicious. My only regret was not to buy their drink mix. The surrounding town like may other in the islands is a former sugar town that has reinvented itself and done an amzing job. This was my wifes favorite day on the big island. East breakfast or lunch here and enjoy the nearby site of which there are many. Across th street is good coffee and ice cream!

mangogirlhawi, Owner at Bamboo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Yikes! We only serve breakfast on Sunday! We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us - and you can get the cocktail mix online at our website. Mahalo and aloha!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love visiting Hawi. The art galleries and shops are filled with creative art pieces, unique to Hawaii and lovely to look at or buy.
Bamboo Restaurant is always a must on my trips to Hawi as well. The food is delicious, the staff very pleasant and professional, and the atmosphere funky. The wooden floor, tables and chairs tell you that this restaurant has been around for a long time. There is artwork for sale hanging on the walls along with some pictures from years ago. I always feel welcome and feel like settling in for a tasty lunch well served.
My elderly aunt and I both had quesadillas. She had the appetizer version and I had the lunch serving. Both were filled with Kalua pork, jalapeño jack cheese with fresh fruit salsa on the side. I highly recommend these; the appetizer size was perfect for my aunt while I enjoyed the larger sized tortilla generously filled with the pork and cheese. The staff clearly know what they're doing and service was prompt and polite.
I wish my next trip to Hawi was already planned. Whenever it happens, I know I'll eat lunch at this fun, relaxed restaurant with the good, good food.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

When I saw that, "Naked Chefs and Wild Women," was written on the Today's Specials board when we walked in to the Bamboo Restaurant, I knew the place was going to be fun. We had delicious food and tasty, fruity cocktails with their own lilikoi (passion fruit) flavoring. The staff has a great sense of humor (they obviously enjoy their jobs) and the service is fast and efficient. We enjoyed their souvenir and art gallery, and ended up buying several items to take home -- including some lilikoi syrup.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I stopped here after hikong Polulu valley. What a treat! The food was not just good. It was excellent! The service was friendly and good as well. Will we return? Absolutely. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

8 of us went for lunch today, all of the dishes were very good. Mahi mahi was the fish of the day & reported to br excellent. One ordered the pork & cabbage & four had the sampler pupu platter. Service was very quick & friendly. Would recommend to eat here.