“Excellent service, good food, well worth a visit”
Review of Bamboo Restaurant

Bamboo Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Hawi
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Come to Bamboo for a feeling of the "Real Hawaii". Located in a historic building, we offer lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch, and we invented the Passion Fruit Margarita and Mojito. Browse the gallery for local art and crafts. Come and find the aloha of the islands!
Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you are driving north on the Kona side, this is defiantly a place to stop for lunch. The staff are super friendly and helpful.
The food is good, I had a fish of the day sandwich, with home made mango salsa and home made coleslaw and waffle fries. The fish was well cooked moist without being soggy, freshly made salsa added zing and the coleslaw crunchy, the waffle fries were cooked to perfection, fluffy on inside crispy on outside. My husband had a chicken quesadilla, the 1st one came out stacked with cheese which made it sloppy, they took it back with no hesitation and the 2nd was fine, the side salad although not chilled enough did have a very nice papaya dressing. We tried all 3 mini desserts, the chocolate macadamia nut was made with Belgium chocolate ( you could taste the quality of the chocolate) moose like in texture' excellent. Their award winning Kona coffee cheesecake has a perfect texture and consistency, delightful. Their passion fruit cheesecake added a welcome zing to the taste buds.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Everything about Havi is authentic Hawaiian the way it should be, and Bamboo makes it extra special. Do you like fruit or herbal tea, not me until I had their passion fruit ice tea. Outstanding! Then the natural fruit punch, just as good. I had the fresh Ono with fettuccine & fresh veggies in teriyaki. So good! There are many things on both the lunch & dinner menus that make it worth going to many times, which the locals do. Friendly, efficient service top it all off.

1  Thank Crikel
Reviewed September 28, 2012

WE had lunch one day here and came back (30 miles) for dinner.

Our waiter (Rick) may be the best we've experienced.

1  Thank readspeak
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I returned to the Big Island and Bamboo after an absence of four years. Our dinners were excellent. My wife had the petite tenderloin and I, the coconut encrusted mahi mahi. Portions were generous and our mohitos were quite tasty. We had reservations but arrived early and were promptly seated. Service was attentive without being intrusive. The place was crowded for a Tuesday evening but everyone seemed to be attended to in a prompt and friendly manner.
Following dinner, my wife wanted to get a souvenir tee shirt for our daughter. Even though the gift shop had officially "closed", the attendant reopened to allow us to make our purchase.
The atmosphere is old Hawaii eclectic and very warm.

1  Thank Joe T
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had heard that you MUST go to the Bamboo Restaurant for lunch when you're in Hawi. I've been there a couple of times over the years and the food is okay. Probably best thing about it is the gift shop.

2  Thank Kona_Babe