“The best can be found at Zest.”
Review of Zest Kitchen - CLOSED

Zest Kitchen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Zest is located in the town of Hawi, the North Kohala section of the Big Island. From most Kona hotels a 30 minute ocean front drive along the Kohala Coast. The restaurant is on the left hand side as you enter Hawi. Zest will delight your palette with delicious morsels of inspired cuisine everyday from 11-3 and 5-9 PM. We source the very best fresh local fish, meat, vegetables and fruits we can to bring you the most flavorful, healthy, gourmet food you will encounter on the Big Island. Just seconds away from Bamboo Restaurant dow on the left.
Tri-Cities, WA
“The best can be found at Zest.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent a week between two separate islands (Oahu, and Hawaii) and our lunch at Zest was absolutely the best meal we had ALL week. Part of that is likely because the owner of this establishment is living out my fantasy: owning a small restaurant in paradise that offers a day-by-day menu that is based on what is available to cook that day. Fresh, and personal food!

The drink menu featured cans of soda, water, and the sun tea that was happily brewing on the front porch. As an appetizer, we split a Caesar salad and a crab and artichoke dip: DELICIOUS! The salad was a little saltier than I would have liked, but the dressing was very good. The dip was out of this world tasty. I still think about it -- very rich and creamy, and big chunks of delicious crab.

Entrees: I had the Cubano sandwich, and my partner had the seared ahi over pasta. Again, totally delicious and very fresh. The roll on my Cubano was the real stand out star of the sandwich. It was SO good. I'm not sure what it was about the roll, but there was something so remarkable about it.

And finally, the dessert! The very best part of the meal. Roasted caramels wrapped inside of phylo and served with volcanic salt and earl grey ice cream. If you order nothing else while visiting Zest, GET THIS.

• Visited November 2012

Tacoma, Washington
“Great food!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Modest appearing and limited menu but everything you eat is high quality, local and fresh - highly recommend you try this little gem!

Visited November 2012
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“quaint”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good food but eat inside away from the highway. Bring your own wine or beer if you like. The owner/chef was really nice.

Visited October 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Fantastic Meal on North End.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had wonderful Meals and great time visting with the Owner. We had the Ribeye and the Ahi with home made Noodles. Both main courses and the salad were fresh and seasoned to perfection. We had 2 different sorbes that were made to order. We would advise people to give Zest a chance you wont be sorry and the price was very reasonable.

• Visited September 2012
Alsip
“Best sandwich and dessert ever”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was there for a late lunch. I ordered the BLT, but everything on the small menu sounded great. The bread was great, the bacon was so full of flavor I really don't think I can eat bacon ever again. It had a smokey, slightly sweet but not overly salty flavor and it was a thick cut. BLT sounds blah, but this sandwich was a flavor experience. And I had the roasted candies with early grey ice cream for dessert. Bliss! Earl Grey never tasted so good, and the caramels wrapped in filo dough with the sea salt was excellent. This was not a meal, it was a flavor experience. Oh and the lemonade is homemade too.

Visited September 2012