“I was so amazed. The Puakea Ranch is Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Puakea Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hawi
Puakea Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Hawi
Honolulu
“I was so amazed. The Puakea Ranch is Paradise!”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I went to the Puakea Ranch before some of the newer, even more fabulous amenities were added, and I loved it then, and I can't wait to go back! I went with my friend from LA, Brooke, who loved it as much as I did. It is a true piece of natural Hawaiian Paradise, yet, you can drive from the Ranch and enjoy the fabulous Fairmont Orchid Hotel's great beach, and all the other things there, too.
The Ranch's decor is AMAZING. We stayed at Yoshi's House. I absolutely cannot wait to go back. Great for friends, honeymoons, people with kids, everything! My husband and I moved to Oahu because it sealed the deal for us moving here from OHIO!
A +++++ on this fabulous place!

Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We arrived at Puakea Ranch after a few days at a Kohala Coast mega-resort with over the top amenities, and I wondered as we bumped up the dirt road if my kids would miss all the dolphins, turtles, and water slides. Apparently not, because they tumbled out of the car chorusing, "It's perfect!" And it is.

We stayed in Miles Away, a cottage so stylish and welcoming that I wanted to take it home with me. The house is 1930s, but recently remodeled where it counts (the kitchen and bathroom), while retaining all its charm. The pool is private and just big enough for four. The ranch holds other delights too: swings, chickens (and fresh eggs), a pair of funny dogs, sea views, and a gorgeous monkey pod tree.

The owner Christie is warm, unobtrusive, and a great source of information. I highly recommend either of the houses at Puakea Ranch---I can't remember the last time I loved a hotel or vacation rental this much.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
laguna beach ca
Reviewed May 28, 2009

This place is outstanding. What a gem. Such surprising style and luxury in the rural but beautiful area of north Kohala. Caretaker Chad and family were friendly and super helpful, and owner Christie made our visit unforgettable with dyed baby chicks for Easter! Altogether a very restful and fun stay. Love those linens! Love the horses and cow and chickens! Both Miles Away and Yoshi's House were charming and lovely in their own ways. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We have always enjoyed our time on Hawaii, but the Miles Away bungalow at Puakea Ranch was the perfect mixture of location, views, architectural design, historic restoration and the owner and care-taker's hospitality. The Puakea Ranch provided exceptional accommodations with privacy, beautiful natural setting and peace & quiet ....with the possible exception of the birds and farm critters! I high recommend Puakea Ranch for those who want a natural setting and a break from the claustrophobic and structured atmosphere of the resorts.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Puakea Ranch on the Big Island of Hawaii is the most perfect place I have ever stayed in my life!!! The owner is a gem! The family that takes care of property is amazing! I cannot say in words how wonderful this place is. We cannot wait to go back and we tell everyone we know about it! Also it is near Hawi on the north side of the island, which turned out to be our favorite spot on the island by far!!! Again, there is no way anyone staying here could be disappointed! Have fun and be ready for the most amazing stay of your life!! Very memorable! Perfect for kids, honeymooners, and all ages!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Having just returned home after a nine-day stint on the Big Island, and all concur that Puakea Ranch was the highlight. The caretaker and his family were delightful, and they made us feel at home right away. Everything about our house was divine; it was the perfect intersection of tasteful nostalgia, luxurious comfort, and unrivaled peacefulness. Our only complaint is that our time there was too short, and we were surprised to admit we could easily spend an entire month there, at least. I expect that when I die and go to Heaven it will be a lot like Yoshi's House on a sunny afternoon. Absolutely perfect.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Idaho
Reviewed March 17, 2009

We traveled from all over the United States to the Big Island for a family vacation. Puakea Ranch met all of our needs. We rented both houses and the tree house to accomadate the group. Each spot had amazing ocean views, and beautiful landscaping. Yoshi's House and Miles Away were spacious and comfortable. The attention to detail was fantastic; authentic decor, luxurious linens, gourmet kitchen. The bathhouse was like our own personal spa with a gorgeous ocean view. The kids loved the pool and friendly cows and horses. The caretakers of the ranch were attentive and helpful.
The location is wonderful, close enough to drive to all the touristy stuff, but far enough away to avoid congestion and crowds. We loved the shops in Hawi.
Puakea Ranch is a gem. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawi
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho`omaluhia
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Been to Puakea Ranch? Share your experiences!