Words cannot describe just how wonderful this B&B is - definitely the most amazing place I have ever stayed - this is an experience not to be missed.
The hosts are wonderful; they have all the information you need about the island and go above and beyond the call of duty for all guests. They help recommend and book activities, as well as making dinner reservations. They can lend you beach towels, umbrellas and anything else you may need, and they are so full of aloha spirit that you truly feel part of a family.
The location is stunning - you could spend your whole time on the verandah in one of the comfy chairs and feel like the happiest person on the planet! The house is full of wonderful books, a selection of games and relaxing music, creating an idyllic atmosphere.
Rooms are beautiful and come with towels and robes so you can make your way to the outdoor lava stone showers, which are an absolute highlight - complete with homemade fruity shampoo and shower gel.
When I arrived, I was welcomed with a freshly baked pineapple cake and mango juice. Mike booked me a paddle board experience and the best massage I've ever had (a masseuse called Suzani Gierman came to the B&B - would highly recommend this). All in all - perfection,
I could go on and on about how beautiful this place is but, in short, stay here and you'll experience the magic for yourself :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated, plantation-style B&B ideally located directly above Kealakekua Bay. Offers luxury amenities such as an outdoor hot tub, a traditional Hawaiian cedar steam, outdoor lava rock showers, a wrap-around lanai with a Hawaiian daybed, a fireplace, and an unobstructed view of the South Kona coastline! The perfect place to base your Big Island adventures! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Ka'awa Loa Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Awa Loa Plantation Hotel Captain Cook
- Ka'Awa Loa Plantation Hawaii/Captain Cook