Had a fantastic time celebrating my friend's birthday. Three of us came - two stayed in the cottage across from the main house and one stayed in the main house. Loved outdoor lava shower! Cottage was small but cute and perfect for two people or a couple and one child. Has mini-kitchen, shower, and TV (main house rooms do not have TV or private shower). Lovely big kitchen in main house where substantial full breakfast served in the morning. Owners live in house 200' up the hill so the well-stocked kitchen is just for guests the rest of the day. Breakfast accommodated to special dietary needs and included fresh fruit grown on the property and varied from eggs, french toast with macadamia nuts, etc. Lots of places to sit inside and outside with just your party. Lovely, traditional old-Hawaii grounds with fantastic view were great to relax and enjoy - made you want to come back from activities and hang out, watch the sunset. Easy drive to Place of Refuge, snorkeling, hiking, restaurants, and town of Kona 30 min away. Owners pleasant and personable but not intrusive. Very steep driveway up to property but regular rental car did fine. Early morning wildlife and roosters - may want earplugs if you are a light sleeper and staying in the Cottage. Could hear snoring guest next door one night in the main house. Overall, was totally fabulous and well worth it - will definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated, plantation-style B&B ideally located directly above Kealakekua Bay. Offers luxury amenities such as an outdoor hot tub, a traditional Hawaiian cedar steam, outdoor lava rock showers, a wrap-around lanai with a Hawaiian daybed, a fireplace, and an unobstructed view of the South Kona coastline! The perfect place to base your Big Island adventures! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Ka'awa Loa Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Awa Loa Plantation Hotel Captain Cook
- Ka'Awa Loa Plantation Hawaii/Captain Cook