“Something's changed...”

Coffee and Epicurea
Huntington Beach, California
“Something's changed...”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Oh, so sad for the past couple of visits! I used to LOVE coming here expressly for the macadamia nut sticky buns and a nice cup of coffee. We used to come almost daily and buy at least 2 or 3 buns each. They were small, gooey, buns made with puff pastry and a chewy caramel/macadamia nut topping. They were HEAVENLY! But last year, they were kind of overbaked and hard. This year, they were completely different -- now made with regular cinnamon roll dough instead of puff pastry, it seemed like. They were ok, but nothing like the buns of yore.

Bring back the old sticky buns, please!!!!

Visited August 2013

Carrollton, Texas
“Nice place but not excellent”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

On our way back from visiting the south of Kona sights, my husband and I stopped here about 3 PM. I’d read many good reviews on Trip Advisor about their desserts. There wasn't much variety left at 3 PM. We tried the one piece left of Lilikoi cheesecake which was good and had lattes which were not very hot. We enjoyed the outdoor seating in the back. It was a nice break from the driving and we’ll probably stop by again in the future.

• Visited September 2013
southern california
“Best cup of coffee I ever had!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Wife and I stumbled upon this place on the way to Volcano. We tried a cup of dark roast coffee and as regular coffee drinkers, we agree it was by far the best ever. Wish I tried the pastries, as they also are getting great reviews.

• Visited August 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent Service, Great Pastry”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stopped by with some friends/guests from the Mainland. They are into ukuleles. They jammed with the local group that was serenading the patrons and all of us enjoyed some great coffee and sweets. If you are heading from Kailua-Kona towards South-point or the volcanoes this will be a great place to stop.

• Visited September 2012
West Union, Ohio
“Wonderful coffee and pastry, off the beaten track.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We couldn't wait to come back here after visiting frequently last year when we spent some time nearby. The coffee is excellent. I like it iced or hot, but what I love about this spot's iced coffee is that the cubes are made out of frozen coffee, so the drink does not dilute as they melt. The puff pastries are excellent. They have other items, including quiche, but I've never gotten past the eclairs. My only complaints are that the eclairs are much smaller than they were, rather than being the hugest I had ever seen, and quite the eating challenge. Now, they are the same size you find in a typical bakery. Also, they do not have decaf. coffee, which is a shame since they own a coffee farm, and I wish I could buy some to take home and use regularly. They have a little patio for seating and a small yard out back. Very nice and laid back for sitting, enjoying, and spotting an occasional local bird or chicken.

• Visited July 2013