“Tasty and affordable!”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Tasty and affordable!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went here for "dinner" (they close at 6:30pm) and got the pork laulau. So delicious! You can choose between pork or chicken and it comes with sides of rice or poi, salmon salsa and macaroni salad. We got two of these dinners and a side of poi to try for $18. Very nice woman serving it up and feels like you've walked right into her home! Worth a stop!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Whitney S

Kaneohe, Hawaii
“Went back to take some laulau back to Honolulu.”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Auntie makes some ono (delicious) laulau. I've eaten a ton in my lifetime so you know it has to be good if I go back. Had the two laulau plate for $12. Comes w/ poi, lomi salmon and mac salad too. Then before flying home to Honolulu I bought 6 for the ohana. It is 3/$8. Not big, kinda on the small side but the price is right and the laulau is juicy.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Wavewarrior
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hole in the wall”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Best local style food/plate lunch on the island. Small menu. When you walk in its like your walking right into aunties kitchen. Love this spot

“Great Pork Lau Lau”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had no idea that this place was on the Food Network's Best Thing I Ever Ate. :)

I had marked this down as a place to stop as we traveled down to Volcanoes National Park. We were interested in trying some authentic Hawaiian and were very pleased with what we had here! We didn't have a lot of background info... The place was different from most dining establishments we've been to. I'll just say that it isn't fancy. The food was very good and the service was pleasant. We were asking questions and trying to figure out what to order when the owner put on the video for us to watch. I'm so happy for them that they were featured on the show. How exciting for them!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TravelyTraveler
“Excellent Local Food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Amazing traditional Hawaiian food in a very casual setting...made my a local family...Best lau lau I've ever tasted!

• Visited September 2013