“Best Shiatsu”

Kona Shiatsu Clinic
More attraction details
Owner description: The Kona Shiatsu Clinic is a relaxing environment located in the heart of the Kona Coffee district, Captain Cook, Hawaii. Above historic Kealakekua Bay and just 12 miles South of Kailua-Kona, licensed massage therapist Tom Langenstein-principal, has been in full time practice since 1979 and offers a wide range of experience and techniques for treating the effects of stress, overwork, athletic performance, pain and injury at an affordable price.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I am happy to say that I am the niece of Tom Langenstein. With that being said I have never seen Uncle Tom for a Shiatsu treatment, until recently. I work at our local airport in the baggage area and do A LOT of lifting. I was experiencing a lot of lower back pain for quite some time. Because I’ve never had a shiatsu treatment before I was very nervous. The pain was getting so bad I was beginning to hurt just to lye down. I decided to call and sign me up for a Shiatsu treatment. Not only did Uncle Tom give me the most relaxing Shiatsu massage but he also gave me “homework” and things I can do while at work to relieve the pain, and prevent it from coming back. He is very knowledgeable of the human body and genuinely cares that his clients feel better and continue to feel better.

2  Thank JenL808

Reviewed April 14, 2012

My wife and I, each booked a session with Tom at the clinic. As a practicing physician, I can attest that Tom is gifted practioner with incredible technique to heal along with a deep knowledge of how to prevent and heal chronic injuries. I would recommend anyone with chronic injuries/pain including headaches or anyone wanting a relaxing encounter to see Tom. Shiatsu has excellent healing/relaxation powers. It was my first time, and I plan on utilzing again when I return home from Hawaii.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I suffer from chronic pain and fatigue in addition to a genetic disease. I've heard nothing but raving reviews about Tom so I decided to see if he could really help me. Not only did he put me completely at ease but he studied and researched my sickness to help me find a solution. He is a wonderful therapist and I highly recommend his services.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

They only offer dates back one year but I was there a few years back and I have never felt so rejuvenated from a massage in my life until Tom Langenstein treated me. Now if I could just get him to move to Montana. Failing that I will have to head back to Captain Cook for another as soon as I can.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

I hurt my shoulder working in the yard. After several days of pain and increasing stiffness I went to Tom. What a difference!! He used Shiatsu (finger pressure) massage techniques to relax my tight knot of shoulder muscle. I could feel the muscles relaxing as he worked on me. Tom sent me home with instructions on how to continue the healing process for the hurt muscles and also (very importantly!) how to avoid similar problems in the future.

Talking with him it's clear that he knows both oriental massage techniques and also a huge store of western medical knowledge. He puts it together in a way that promotes getting and staying well.

Oh, and his prices are very reasonable.

I left feeling much healthier in body, mind and spirit. I would enthusiastically recommend Tom for anyone seeking massage for therapeutic reasons or for relaxation.