“The Best Fish and Chips” on the Island!”

Keoki's Ono Fish n Chips
Ranked #11 of 31 Restaurants in Captain Cook
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: About 24 miles south of Kona International Airport...on Mamalahoa Hwy. Absolutely the BEST fish and chips ANYWHERE. Fresh, light batter, chips are thinly sliced and delicious. We have gone there several times on each of our last 3 vacations to the Big Island. Great little place to stop.
Moline, Illinois
“The Best Fish and Chips” on the Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

All the seafood was fresh and delicious. The loved the Ono “Fish and Chips”.” The Tartar sauce was the best I have ever had and the atmosphere was truly local…with a table outside the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Vacation-Advocates

Seattle, Washington
“Frozen Processed Crap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Everything was frozen processed food! The owner lied right to my face when asked about the food. Even the cook admitted the food was made from frozen processed and not fresh like the road sign stated. Shame on the owner for lying and trapping tourist who happiness upon this filthy rat shack. Stay away at all cost!

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Randal P
Saugerties, New York
“Tiny Portions / Big Prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was surprised when I ordered $13 single order of fish and chips and it was tiny. We're talking a tiny pile of french fries (chips I presume) and three tiny flat pieces of breaded fish. They were average in quality and microscopic in size. I will not return.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank medaew
Austin, Texas
“Tasty fish and chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

No, it's not cod. No it's not British (I didn't see any malt vinegar), but it is local and very tasty.

My wife and I shared the fish and chips for 1-1/2, and it was just right. The fish was smaller and lighter than standard fish&chips, but tasty one the less. I'd go back if I didn't have a bunch more destinations on my list...

Visited January 2013
Bozeman
“Not the normal fish & chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The fresh fish was Ono and the fish was thinly sliced and lightly breaded. Delicate. A nice homemade dipping tartar that was also delicate. We split the 1 and a half order and it was perfect. My husband likes the traditional f&c better but I liked it. $20 for the meal.