What an amazing vacation made all the more spectacular by Lou and South Kona Hideaway!
This is the place to stay if you're looking to get away from the hustle and bustle. We stayed in the Lookout room and the views of the surrounding area and ocean are breathtaking. Do not be mistaken, this is a rural area and we chose it for that reason. We wanted to be living as the locals live, and not slap in the middle of the tourist action and the South Kona Hideaway delivered!
Our suite was well appointed and most important for us, great bed, great view, good shower and a kitchenette. Rising early with the time change can be an issue but all was resolved when we got up early, ground our own fresh Kona coffee, relaxed, decided on the day and then ate wonderful fresh fruit and breads Lou dropped off for breakfast.
Lou is a fantastic host, there when you need him, gone when you don't. He suggested places to eat that were wonderful as well as places to shop that equally delighted.
Though it had no impact on our trip, there are roosters. And they crow early in the morning, but for us they just added to overall experience.
We highly recommend the South Kona Hideaway and look forward to our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and luxury await you! We are in the heart of the Kona Coffee Belt, 10 minutes away from some of the best snorkeling on the island. Enjoy a beautifully landscaped acre of tropical flowers, coffee trees, avocados, bananas, papayas, and citrus trees. Relax in one of two private one bedroom suites with kitchenettes, living areas, and king sleep number beds. Grill some fresh fish from the market and sit on your lanai and watch the sunset. Take a book and spend some alone time in the garden. Leave your stress behind and relax, refresh, and rejuvenate! We are easy to find and access... only one turn off the main highway and no "country roads". Luxury and Aloha await you! Welcome Home to South Kona Hideaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your South Kona Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Kona Hideaway Hotel Captain Cook
- South Kona Hideaway Hawaii/Captain Cook