Bring your own facial tissue and bar soap if you don't want to use the hotel's provided body wash. The higher up rooms with the view are worth the higher price. The hotel's web site spells out the pricing plain and simple. If you are the type that needs a lot of bathroom noise privacy, Manago is not for you - the slatted bathroom windows face the outside hallway and have no sound isolation.
The restaurant is also plain and simple. And good. A lot of locals eat there. But, the restaurant closes early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manago Hotel is located in Captain Cook Town on the slopes of Mauna Loa at an elevation of 1,350 ft. It overlooks the beautiful Kealakekua Bay, and the ancient Hawaiian Place of Refuge in Honaunau. This is an ideal location with cool, quiet nights and sunny days, where travelers can relax and sleep comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Manago Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manago Hotel Captain Cook
- Manago Captain Cook
- Manago Hotel Hawaii/Captain Cook