After reading the article in the NYT we decided to stay at the Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B in one of the Green Rooms. This was our second accommodation on the Hawaiian Islands, after having a nice time on Maui. The room was simple & clean, with a separate toilet and shower (hot water!), the sink was in the main room. There were some tiny ants near the sink, but never in our bed! It's what you can expect at a farm and in a humid environment. We did not hear any traffic noise, only roosters who wished us 'Good morning'! This place is perfect for visiting the most important spots on Big Island. We especially enjoyed the place of refuge and the hospitality of Johnsie & John Paul. Breakfast was great and a good opportunity to talk to other guests. If you are looking for an affordable stay on Big Island, this is the place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at a working Kona Coffee Farm! Enjoy a full cooked breakfast accompanied by fresh fruits from the farm. Try the macadamia nuts right out of the back yard. Snorkel, scuba dive, kayak, or hike at the nearby beaches. Beach equipment, guest kitchen. Free Wi-fi internet access. The Coffee Barn now has an in-room fridge & microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pomaika`i `Lucky` Farm Bed And Breakfast
- Pomaika`i `Lucky` Farm Hotel Captain Cook
- Pomaika'i "Lucky" Farm B&B Hawaii/Captain Cook