“A wonderful experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilson
Wildflower Lodge at Jackson Hole
Ranked #4 of 7 Wilson B&B and Inns
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We recently returned from our second visit to Wildflower Inn and this visit was as great as the first. Over the years we have stayed in numerous B&BS and Wildflower is in a class of its own. Sherrie, Ken and the staff do everything to help make your stay memorable. You can plan on a late lunch after indulging in some of the best tasting breakfasts you will experience anywhere. This is also a great opportunity to meet other guests as well as find out more about the area. Sherrie knows Jackson Hole well and will provide you with all the information you need to experience it for all its fun and beauty. She even told us about a wine store with a wide selection and very competitive prices. I found one of my favorite wines that is hard to find at home. I stocked up and now enjoy it and remember Jackson Hole and Wildflower Inn. After a day exploring the area you can return to Wildflower to find a delicious selection of homemade cookies and snacks, complimented by great tasting beverages like the Cuban Limeade. The house is spotless and comfortably decorated so it makes you feel like you are home with family and friends. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SantaFeB0b

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The Wildflower Inn is a beautiful bed and breakfast located just a few miles from the perfect location to see wildlife, and wonderful views of the Tetons. The Inn itself is located in a woodsy area with a beautiful deck in the back that overlooks a lovely yard and garden. Sherri, the owner of the Inn, is a warm, interesting person who provides her guests with lots of sightseeing ideas for great hikes, fun activities and great wildlife viewing. The breakfasts that are served each morning are absolutely delicious. The Wildflower Inn is definitely the perfect place to stay in Jackson.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2010

The Wildflower Inn really is a hidden gem. Built in log cabin style, breakfasts are substantial and are held in a stylish room with 'cathedral' roof. The rooms are well appointed and very attractive. And the location is stunning: midway between Jackson and the entrance to the Grand Tetons National Park.

Sherrie our innkeeper was a wonderful host. When I happened to mention I was looking for a book - a sequal to the one I had been reading - she organised it for me. Packed breakfasts were no problem and afternoon tea (when not hiking) was splendid.

The rooms are stunning - all in log cabin style but with comfortable beds and well appointed bathrooms - with fantastic views. The grounds surrounding the Inn are relaxing.

I had flown in to Denver from Boston and had driven through Colorado and Wyoming staying at other B&Bs and hotels, but this was by far the best. I have every intention of visiting again, but this time I will probably just fly straight in to Jackson Hole airport via Chicago from London.

I am from the UK and can be a bit snobbish about American attempts at style. But the Wildflower Inn has it in abundance!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael186376
Constant Traveller
Reviewed September 13, 2010

B&B's are not for everyone. My family likes the anonymity of hotels where one can dine on one's own schedule, as well as not having to converse first thing in the morning with strangers. However, on a recent trip to Wyoming, we decided to give B&Bs another chance. Sadly, the Wildflower Inn has reinforced our decision to stay out of B&Bs.

We visited the Wildflower Inn in August 2010 and stayed for three days and generally we were pleased. The Wildflower does everything perfectly, almost. The spacious log-cabin structure was purpose-built as a B&B around 1990, so it does not suffer the frequent limitations and inconveniences of large homes which are converted to the hotel environment. The rooms are large, the plumbing modern, the windows tight, there is efficient internet access, an exercise facility, bikes and helmets available for those so inclined, and numerous other conveniences.

Even more importantly, the location is lovely. Set about 20 minutes NW of Jackson Hole on the flood plain of the Snake River, the B&B has very convenient access from the airport or the town, via the Wilson-Moose Road. The Wildflower Inn is very conveniently located for those visiting the ski resort, fly fishing, rafting, climbing the Grand Teton Mountains, or hiking in the endless national parks and forests.

Cuddled back into a copse of aspen, most of the original woodlands were preserved and the home is surrounded by only a brief bit of grass and then trees, trees and more trees. Between the road and the B&B runs a tiny tributary of the Snake River and you can walk through the trees across small bridges and paths, listening and watching Mother Nature relatively undisturbed. When we were there we watched a great horned owl hunt for its dinner. On our second day, a cow moose and her calf walked into the gardens and decimated the flower gardens while we retreated from the back deck into the house; the loss of the flowers was a small price to pay for being within 20 feet of one of Nature's most amazing ruminants.

If the B&B is so nice, why were we disappointed?

For the premium price at such a private facility, we expected to have some flexibility in our schedule, but there was none to be had. Breakfast is served at 8:15 am, sharp, en mass. If you have an early departure or wish to sleep late, you're going to be scolded. If you enjoy a quiet or even private breakfast without the chatter of others, you're going to be annoyed. If you don't relish a monologue from the hostess relating the same stories day after day, your blood pressure will be twitching.

The quality of the food is fine, and it is prepared by professional chefs under the eye of the hostess. But the portions are small and there is no customization to suit your personal desires. So don't ask for eggs over easy – you're getting what the cook has been told to make. In addition, don't look for anything even slightly expensive – no bacon, sausages or lox to vary the routine, at least while we were there.

At the end of a busy day of sightseeing or hiking, perhaps you would expect a welcome-home drink or a snack. Sadly, again the Wildflower shucks hospitality for penury, and the offerings are very skimpy. We quickly retreated to a liquor store and brought our own wines.

A cigar on the back deck is a pleasant way to end an evening. But despite sitting as far from the house as I could get, my cigar garnered a stern warning from the hostess that the smoke was blowing into the house, and the patio doors were slammed shut.

So here's the summary: it's a splendid facility in a great location but the hostess's manner is a shade tyrannical, and we were glad to move on to a more friendly environment.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank PilotMike2009
, Owner at Wildflower Lodge at Jackson Hole, responded to this review, September 21, 2010
Hi Bob, thank you for your very thoughtful review. I am sorry that we seemed to have had some miscommunication about certain issues while you were staying at the Wildflower Inn. I have tried to present information as clearly both on our website and in the notebook placed in each guest room (the one with the dining guide, map and wireless code) as I could, but I am going to examine these areas more closely.

We are actually a smoke free property, both indoors and out. I have this on our website under policies and in the room letter. Instead of asking you not to smoke, I did close the door. But I am sure that I did it with a smile.

Our afternoon beverage and snack are enjoyed by most; fresh lemonaides and limeades, iced teas, herb teas, freshly baked cookies/bars/crackers, seasonal fruits and nuts. I try to have both sweet and savory items available. And as you know, I have wine glasses, openers, chilled mugs and ice available at all times.

We post sample menus and recipes on our website so that guests may see whether our breakfasts will interest them. Many of our guests appreciate how healthy and delicious our breakfasts are and that we use only organic dairy products, organic fruits and vegetables when possible and the highest quality ingredients. It is true that the only meat products that we occasionally serve is the wonderful Falls Brand Bacon and locally smoked trout. We often serve additional eggs, either "easy over" or scrambled on request. I only wish you had asked. Since we serve family syle, where you serve yourselves, I am surprised that you did not have enough. (I am known to pass out baggies for extra muffins and scones for guests to take with them.)

With every "check-in" I let guests know that we provide a "breakfast to go" for anyone leaving early to catch a plane, have an adventure or just to watch the sun rise over the Tetons. We also will accommodate anyone who wishes to sleep in with something light but delicious for later in the morning. This information was also available to you in the information packet. But I do try to let every guest know this within the first 1/2 hour that they arrive. I also encourage guests to depart before breakfast for special activites, such as the hike to Jenny Lake. (Gorgeous but crowded later in the day.) or a day trip to Yellowstone.

I am very glad that you gave B&B's another try and I really do appreciate the careful comments you have made. It was very nice meeting you and I know that the other guests enjoyed your company.

Sincerely, Sherrie Jern, owner
northern New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My husband and I were lucky enough to be able to make a reservation at the Wildflower Inn just a week before our stay. We met a couple where we were both staying elsewhere earlier in our trip, and they recommended we call the Wildflower. We are delighted that we did. The house is lovely - a large log home - in a beautiful garden and meadow setting. The room (the smallest at the inn) was nevertheless spacious and charmingly decorated, with a private deck. As an example of the excellent service - we found the mattress much too firm for us, which was expecially a problem for my husband's bad shoulder. When we informed Sherry, the owner and innkeeper, she immediately purchased an egg crate type mattress pad, which took care of the problem for us. Later in the week, a larger room became available, and Sherry offered to move us into it for no extra charge.
The breakfasts were scrumptious (served family style around a large country kitchen table) and the afternoon snacks just as delicious and varied. Sherry is a font of information and recommendations on Grand Teton Park and all the area's activities, and you couldn't find a more gracious host. The inn is extremely well located, being 2 minutes from Teton Village and 5 minutes from the entrance to Grand Teton National Park. We are thinking of returning in the winter for dogsledding and snowshoeing. If you are a B&B person, you can't go wrong with the Wildflower.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The Wildflower Inn is absolutely the most hospitable bed and breakfast I have ever stayed at. The Inn structure, decor, fresh flowers and gardens are so tasteful and fitting for the environment in the Jackson, WY area. The breakfast is an epicurean delight each morning. It was entertaining and interesting to share conversation and good food each morning with other travelers. Some had stayed at the Inn many times before and were returning guests. One morning our party left early for a morning hike and a breakfast to go was packed for each of us. Afternoons, we enjoyed beverages and baked goodies. Sherri is so helpful and accommodating. She is extremely knowledgeable of the area and her suggestions and ideas are valuable in making or adjusting plans while in the area. The Inn is superbly managed and maintained. Located close to Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco CA
Reviewed June 24, 2010

My husband and I were initially disappointed that we weren't able to find agreeable reservations in Grand Teton National Park. But we were more than rewarded when we solved the problem by staying just south of the Park in The Wildflower Inn Bed and Breakfast. After looking first-hand at the various lodges and cabins within the Park, we were easily convinced the The Wildflower was a superior choice. Attractive rooms with lovely outlooks, comfortable beds, charming decor, and private decks overlooking a well-manicured garden and aspen woods provide a perfect restful refuge after a day touring by car, hiking, and floating on the river, superior to the throngs we saw at most park lodgings. And access to the numerous excellent restaurants in the Jackson Hole region gave us flexibility not easily available to those staying deeper in the Park to the north. Sherrie and Ken Jern, our hosts, were gracious, generous with helpful suggestions, and personally interesting. Breakfasts were delicious--ample and healthy. For guests planning a long day in Yellowstone, Sherrie packed picnic breakfasts. Our five nights at the Wildflower exceeded out expectations.
Rosemary Patton, San Francisco

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SFTravelerRDP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Bentwood Inn
Bentwood Inn
#2 of 7 in Wilson

Been to Wildflower Lodge at Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!