We came to Bentwood with no expectations really, other than to see the Jackson area in late fall. Phyllis had never stayed at a B & B before so she had no idea what to expect. Since we were the first couple to arrive for the weekend, we got to see all of the rooms and wound up switching our reservation room to another. It wouldn't have mattered really, as they were all very nice. The other good thing about arriving early was the opportunity to spend a few hours alone with our hosts, Dave & Melissa. They were subbing in for the usual Innkeepers and were both just super. Dave has his own catering business and aside from just serving us outstanding breakfast treats, we had the bonus pleasure of one of his dinners, a made from scratch rainbow trout specialty...that was every bit as good as the meal we had at a five-star restaurant in downtown Jackson. If you get the chance, don't pass on a dinner deal if Dave is cooking. As a bonus, Dave & Melissa also joined us by the fire pit outback and between the 4 of us, we were able to solve most of the world's problems...:) All that aside, what really made the stay as great as it was, were the other guests who began arriving. I'll protect their privacy, but let me just say that we haven't laughed, sang, drank as much wine or shared as many entertaining stories with a bunch total strangers in a long long time. And it even included a couple of newlyweds...What a trip! Thanks to all of you for the relaxed, let-your-hair down atmosphere that your genuine comradery generated. Too special...I think the place itself tends to bring out the best in people. What better could be said. Craig & Phyllis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bentwood Inn is a luxurious log lodge situated in the heart of Grand Teton and Yellowstone Country. We are honored to be on of only 5 NatGeo Unique Lodges of the World in the US, recognized for our ongoing commitment to preserving the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. Quiet, secluded yet close to everything you will want to do on your Jackson Hole vacation, it is just five miles from world famous skiing at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, in Teton Village. Just beyond is the south gate to Grand Teton National Park. Head five miles in the other direction and you are in the town of Jackson. At the Bentwood Inn, each room has a private fireplace and every stay includes a chef-prepared breakfast, described by Frommer's Travel Guide as "hearty and sumptuous." Hors d'oeuvres are served each evening and chocolate chip cookies, fresh fruit, tea and coffee are available 24/7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Bentwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bentwood Inn Jackson Hole Hotel Jackson Hole
- Bentwood Inn Jackson Hole, WY - Wilson