“Great fun”

Cowboy Up Hang Gliding
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in Wilson
More attraction details
Owner description: We serve the Jackson Hole, Wyoming surrounding area and as the only hang gliding school in Wyoming we pride ourselves on having an impeccable safety record with over 3,000 tandem (dual-place) flights and having never put a scratch on anyone. Groups, families, couples, co-workers, young and old, anyone seeking an exciting Wyoming flying adventure lesson. Your instructor will teach you to appreciate the art of flying in a hang glider. Your lesson begins at 2,000 or 4,000 feet, your choice.
West Valley City, Utah
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

This was just one more thing checked from my bucket list. Tiki and Bart were great as per all of the other Tripadvisor reviews, and I had a great time. But, don't get fooled into thinking the base camp is in Wilson. It isn't! It is a 35 mile drive from Jackson to Alpine junction. Not just the 6 miles to Wilson. This fact didn't deter me, but I think that they should state that fact up front. Instead of the driving directions buried in their website.

Etna, Wyoming
“Amazing adventures!”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and went out and did this as it was something I have always wanted to do. The staff was so knowledgeable and friendly! Tiki and Bart make you feel right at home and explain everything about hang gliding to you. We did 2000 feet and it was simply amazing....the thrill will last you a lifetime! Get your pictures from Bart's gopro as it is well worth it!

Visited August 2014
Cookeville, Tennessee
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“fun”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Even the drive to the runway was beautiful - and the staff could not have been nicer or more knowledgable about their sport.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank EARHf
Valdosta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good time but be aware of wind condition”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Cowboy up is a great adventure. We planned it for a guys trip as one of our adventures. 3 of the 4 guys were able to go up. Everyone enjoyed it. the 2000 ft option lasted about 15-20 minutes. The only real information I would like to share that hasn't been shared by other reviews is that if you are staying at Teton Village its about a 45 minute drive to meet the hang gliding team in the pasture where you take off. Also, My advice would be to book as early in the morning as possbile to avoid windy conditions. Increased wind is why I was not able to fly. This was not Cowboy Up's fault. The weather forecast was for calm winds. But I was impressed with their attention to safety and the tough call of cancelling my flight even though I was standing there. But hey, I like living, so not a problem.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank NewRiverMan
Oakton, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Time to cowboy up!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

These folks were great at explaining how safe hang-gliding is. The view from the glider is spectacular and the ride down is very peaceful. Go do this. It's a blast.

Visited August 2013