“I'm never going back to nose-to-tail trail rides again!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Introduction To Rodeo

Introduction To Rodeo
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Wilson
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn the basics of Barrel Racing, and Team Roping in a safe and controlled enviorment, go as slow or as fast as you are comfortable. No experience needed. Who wants to go on a trailride when you can learn how to do this.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“I'm never going back to nose-to-tail trail rides again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This is an awesome and unique experience! Suitable for experienced riders right down to beginners. This is a one-of-a-kind establishment in the United States and is taught by folks who enter rodeo competitions on a weekly basis.

Learn to barrel race, herd cattle and rope steers. Everything is done at your own pace and the emphasis is on fun. The instructors are great, they know a lot and teach you in a fun and reassuring way. Cold water is also provided as it gets hot in the arena. Initially the $160 for 2 hours may seem a little expensive but I can guarantee you it's worth every penny! If you are unsure - go for it! It's truly a unique and awesome experience not to be missed.

1 Thank Gillian_Speed

Pardeeville, Wisconsin, USA
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“What a GREAT Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I originally booked the introduction to rodeo for only my daughter and later called Jamie to see if there was room for me. She assured me I would enjoy it, and she was absolutely right! Kylie was a great instructor and ensured we both had fun and learned a little about barrel racing and steer roping. She was patient and fun. If you are trying to decide whether or not to try the introduction to rodeo, let me help... just call Jamie and book it. You will have a blast!

Visited July 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Much more interesting and fun than another trail ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Get shown how to barrel race, rope steers and move them round a ring by experienced, friendly people who regularly rodeo themselves. They are excellent and let you go at your own pace depending on your experience / competence and they properly teach you how to ride western pointing out the differences with riding english. The horses are lovely! They don't do it for you but they can go if they are asked properly. I wasn't sure before I booked because it seemed like a lot of money but definitely worth it had a blast!

Lund, Sweden
“Swedish (now) cowboy-pair loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We did the Introduction to Rodeo, were lucky enough to be alone and absolutely loved it! Our instructor was very informative, sensitive to our different riding skills and managed to give both of us a very good lesson/experience including theoretical insights.
We went back home riding on the awesome feeling of having done something perfect!
It would have been great to be able to do this for a couple of days on a "camp" of some sort.

Visited July 2012
Santa Clarita, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Highlight of Our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Simply outstanding! I've ridden and owned horses my entire life, and let me tell you; this was great! WAY better than a boring trail ride... This is the real cowboy and cowgirl experience. There were kids seven years old who had never been on a horse before who were cantering the barrels by the end. This is a good challenge for experienced riders and a great, safe, and informative introduction for beginners. Jamie and her staff are amazing and the horses are safe and well trained. A MUST do for anyone traveling through Jackson Hole!