Green Creek Inn And RV Park
Yellowstone Valley Inn(Wapiti)(Great Value!)
$174
$164
The Trail Shop Inn and Restaurant(Wapiti)(Great Value!)
$130
  • Restaurant
$95
Agoda.com
$219
Cody Cowboy Village(Cody)(Great Value!)
$145
Big Bear Motel(Cody)(Great Value!)
$124
$169
Kings Inn Cody Hotel(Cody)(Great Value!)
$127
$114
$104
Rand Creek Ranch(Wapiti)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslighted signstay there againbunk bedsbeautiful scenerytwo nightseast entrance of yellowstonehorseshoe pitsroom was clean and comfortablejeffmilescodycabincampfireratesrodeo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was adequate and clean, although it wasn't anything fancy. I think it was a good value for the price.

However, the management was not interested in making guests feel welcome. They seemed to be watching for us to take too much ice or to catch us in the act of damaging their property.

I was dismayed when I came in the morning we were leaving. I said good morning to the man at the desk twice, receiving no reply. An elderly foreign gentleman was trying to get some ice...the man at the counter started yelling at him not to use his hands. Instead of taking time to put his coffee down and help the older man, who obviously didn't understand much English, the counter guy kept barking orders at him!! I helped the gentleman locate the ice scoop and get his ice.

The inkeeper or employee, whatever, gets an absolute zero for his lack of hospitality. Never will go again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TLK22939
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Nasty owners.......Second rate place to stay....Owners make you feel that you are being watched all the time...Owners are not helpful......I would rather sleep under a tree....Far from the park...Many other nicer places for the same cost.....Horrible experience........

Room Tip: There are much nicer places closer to the park...They offer good food and are kind to their guests......
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bankrbabs
greencreek, Owner at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Only the people expecting more than they pay for "review" these days. Not sure on this reviewer but if they could find cheaper and nicer, why didn't they stay there? We do maintain and watch our property because we are out in the valley, miles from the city which makes things quiet! Many people are happy and state so here, some expect unreasonable and get mad when they don't get it. They call us rude when this occurs. This is Wyoming. Many things just aren't available like big cities. Cell phones may work or not but we have internet. Distances between places are greater than one expects but we are the closest motel to Yellowstone's East Gate. We are the most reasonably priced. Compare, you will see. Yes, there are guest ranches and lodges closer but they do charge a lot more. If you have any concerns, call...we can tell you who they are, if cost is not a concern.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our room was small but very nice very clean nice new bed and furniture and the owner was very nice! We had a spectacular view when we woke up! Would definetely stay there again! There aaa rate was very reasonable 70.00 for a nice clean room you cant beat it. We went to cody then checked in around 7pm then the next day we went to a really great place the shoshone lodge for the best breakfast we have ever had they have the best pancakes! The owner at Green creek inn highly recommended them. For a privately owned lodging you cant beat it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shoshone1
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We parked our camper at the Green Creek Inn in September 2012 as a base for trips into Yellowstone. It was a great location with well kept grounds and extremely clean restrooms. The owner had some set rules that I thought were appropriate and he was very helpful. The charges were reasonable. I would recommend this as a great place to stay in the Cody and Yellowstone area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We booked this hotel online. We just needed a place to stay after a fun weekend at Yellowstone NP, and before our 10 hour trip home the next day. As we pulled up the "inn" looked okay nothing fancy. I went in the office to check-in and the owner was in another room. He took several minutes to come in and help me and when he finally did he was so grumpy and short tempered I was taken aback. During the check-in process I was unnerved a bit by the litany of rules and regulations and associated penalties he barked at me. Including don't turn on the A/C unless you really need it! In my line of work I often get phone calls to order parts even when I am on leave. Just prior to checking-in I had received a phone call asking me to order parts ASAP. Our supplier only accepts online orders, so I needed a computer with internet access. After I had checked-in I explained my predicament and asked if he had a computer I could use (I could see one on the desk as well as one in his office),he promptly awnsered, "no", followed by, "and don't think just because these are out where you can see them they are for your use!" Pardon me for asking! After getting to the room we were happy to see that it was small, but clean and tidy. Since we were quite a distance from Cody we decided we would go over to the picnic area and break out the cooler for dinner. The picnic area has decorative rocks all around it. While eating the kids were running around and stepping in the rocks. Well out marched the owner to let the kids know that that wasn't okay (in a very abrupt and rude manner), and that we needed to be sure to clean up after ourselves. So we packed up and went back to our room. We slept okay, the highway is nearby and so there was a lot of road noise. We got up early and high tailed it out of there before we had another altercation with the owner.

Sadly this place has a lot of potential but the rudeness and unprofessionalism of the owner is just uncalled for. I hate staying in a place where you are uncomfortable the whole time. We felt like the owner was lurking around every corner trying to catch us breaking one of his "rules". I would never stay here again. Especially for the cost.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank juhoo26
greencreek, Owner at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

First of all, we don't accept or have the ability to accept online bookings. We are privately owned and as such may be helping someone else. If this means coming from another area and you can't wait, then maybe some consideration of other people are in order. We offer free WIFI but since other guests have broken the laptops we used to loan out, they are no longer available...again due to the lack of courtesy of other guests. Lastly, our quiet time is 10:00 PM. Everyone should have respect and observe this. This reviewer clearly stated the kids were running around but what they didn't state was that it was after 10:00PM and we came out because of noise complaints. Some parents are wonderful in managing their children, these had to be told. So we get this review. We only have three rules and sadly no one believes they apply to them. NO SMOKING OR COOKING IN ROOMS AND QUIET TIME IS 10:00 PM. If you want to ignore these rules, or want what we can't provide, maybe another location that will indeed cost more money, should be considered. Clean rooms at a reasonable price is what we provide. If that is important, we are happy to have you. If you want something like micro's and mini fridge or computers, ask when the reservation is made, which is on the phone...if we have it we will tell you and if we don't we will also tell you. At checkin is not the time to be upset if we don't have these items. Please do your research and ask when booking. This is the most helpful way to avoid these issues!