“Rude, Rude Owner”

Green Creek Inn And RV Park
Ranked #3 of 3 Wapiti B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We booked this hotel online. We just needed a place to stay after a fun weekend at Yellowstone NP, and before our 10 hour trip home the next day. As we pulled up the "inn" looked okay nothing fancy. I went in the office to check-in and the owner was in another room. He took several minutes to come in and help me and when he finally did he was so grumpy and short tempered I was taken aback. During the check-in process I was unnerved a bit by the litany of rules and regulations and associated penalties he barked at me. Including don't turn on the A/C unless you really need it! In my line of work I often get phone calls to order parts even when I am on leave. Just prior to checking-in I had received a phone call asking me to order parts ASAP. Our supplier only accepts online orders, so I needed a computer with internet access. After I had checked-in I explained my predicament and asked if he had a computer I could use (I could see one on the desk as well as one in his office),he promptly awnsered, "no", followed by, "and don't think just because these are out where you can see them they are for your use!" Pardon me for asking! After getting to the room we were happy to see that it was small, but clean and tidy. Since we were quite a distance from Cody we decided we would go over to the picnic area and break out the cooler for dinner. The picnic area has decorative rocks all around it. While eating the kids were running around and stepping in the rocks. Well out marched the owner to let the kids know that that wasn't okay (in a very abrupt and rude manner), and that we needed to be sure to clean up after ourselves. So we packed up and went back to our room. We slept okay, the highway is nearby and so there was a lot of road noise. We got up early and high tailed it out of there before we had another altercation with the owner.

Sadly this place has a lot of potential but the rudeness and unprofessionalism of the owner is just uncalled for. I hate staying in a place where you are uncomfortable the whole time. We felt like the owner was lurking around every corner trying to catch us breaking one of his "rules". I would never stay here again. Especially for the cost.

6  Thank juhoo26
greencreek, Owner at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

First of all, we don't accept or have the ability to accept online bookings. We are privately owned and as such may be helping someone else. If this means coming from another area and you can't wait, then maybe some consideration of other people are in order. We offer free WIFI but since other guests have broken the laptops we used to loan out, they are no longer available...again due to the lack of courtesy of other guests. Lastly, our quiet time is 10:00 PM. Everyone should have respect and observe this. This reviewer clearly stated the kids were running around but what they didn't state was that it was after 10:00PM and we came out because of noise complaints. Some parents are wonderful in managing their children, these had to be told. So we get this review. We only have three rules and sadly no one believes they apply to them. NO SMOKING OR COOKING IN ROOMS AND QUIET TIME IS 10:00 PM. If you want to ignore these rules, or want what we can't provide, maybe another location that will indeed cost more money, should be considered. Clean rooms at a reasonable price is what we provide. If that is important, we are happy to have you. If you want something like micro's and mini fridge or computers, ask when the reservation is made, which is on the phone...if we have it we will tell you and if we don't we will also tell you. At checkin is not the time to be upset if we don't have these items. Please do your research and ask when booking. This is the most helpful way to avoid these issues!

There are newer reviews for Green Creek Inn And RV Park

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at The Green Creek Inn in early August 2012 I agree with some of the other reviews the Owner was friendly but had some rule Issues . all that aside the place was very very clean the location was great. If you can't stay in Yellowstone "THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY"

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This would be a nice place to stay if you didn't have to deal with a owner that runs the R.V. Park like a Boot Camp. He keeps a very clean and visually appealing park but seems to get irritated easily. I thought we may have caught him on a particullarly bad day but I see other reviews mention his demeanor also. We drove through the little park (4 or 5 spots) to see what was available and were met by the owner marching toward us. He asked what we thought we were doing and I said looking for a spot to stay tonight. He said you were suppose to stop at the office and I appologized. He then stated he knew why we pulled through, it was to see that THING on the hill to which I stated what thing? Then he told us to get out he didn't need us staying there. Shocked, I mean shocked, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. This was the low point of a great trip WEST with my family.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Bryan P
greencreek, Manager at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Complaints from other RV guests prompted a call to security, causing this person to be removed from the campground. We take security and privacy very seriously. This person's viewpoint of being removed is a little...distorted.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I spent a week in August at the Green Creek Inn. It was a very clean and quiet stay. Much cheaper than staying in Yellowstone Park. Towels and linens changed daily. They have on the grounds a "food cart" that you can order food from priced very affordable, every thing from breakfast stuff to lunch and dinner. Great views of the mountains from your rooms front or back of hotel. This is a very nice place to stay if you want to save some dollars on your stay at yellowstone area.

Room Tip: Any room would be good in this hotel but if I had to choose I would say a end room would be best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lin L
Reviewed August 15, 2012

my name is Captain, while riding our motorcycles thru yellowstone from Alaska, a fellow soldier became ill and we had to find a place for him to recover. We stopped at the Green Creek Inn.
The managerment and staff were very helpful and attended to all our needs. the room was super clean and the bathroom floors you could eat off of them. It was our first trip out west and the staff at this establishment made us feel like family. We were all VETS!!!!!!! they made us proud to be americans and black men riding motorcycles.(BUFFALO SOLDIERS)

Room Tip: rooms facing the road has best view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here in the RV park for 3 days. We needed some work done on our hitch. The owner knew the right man to send us to, and we got the repairs done on a Saturday afternoon, about a mile from where we were staying. The grounds were very clean, and the laundry room was very nice. Enjoyed our stay very much. Nice location to visit both Cody and Yellowstone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My name is Jeffrey Michael Tebelak. My wife, son, and dog stayed at the Green
Creek Inn and had a wondeful experience. The owners Jeff and Carolyn Rogowsky were the nicest owners we met on a venture across the country. We did not feel like guest, but rather part of the family. Everything was an A-plus experience.

Room Tip: It is a pet friendly establishment and at the time when we were there, they had a pet (doggie) babys...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wapiti
A Western Rose Motel
Big Bear Motel
Big Bear Motel
#13 of 29 in Cody
The Historic UXU Ranch

Been to Green Creek Inn And RV Park? Share your experiences!