“Yellowstone Trip”

Ranked #3 of 3 Wapiti B&B and Inns
South Central Wisconsin
“Yellowstone Trip”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The location was beautiful and the trip to Yellowstone was about 25 minutes to the park entrance from Green Creek. The owner seemed a bit harsh in stating the "rules" of the park and motel. (If he had difficult people in the past, he didn't need to take it out on us who had just arrived.) The room was spotless and the people friendly, however stating there was Direct TV was kind of misleading. Only 10 channels and no CBS, NBC or ABC. Just a warning - cell service is spotty in this area but Green Creek does provide Wi-Fi which was nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Green Creek and were very impressed at the cleanliness of our room. The decor was so attractive and comfortable. There is also a concession stand there that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and everyone was very congenial. They even had a campfire in the evening which was very pleasant. The owners are very down-to-earth and friendly. Would stay there again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I will get straight to the bad, but if that doesn't bother you, read on and I will explain the good. Bad-first and foremost, the owner peered into my room in the morning. Hand over his eyes to shade from the sun, looked directly into my room. I am not an alarmist and this isn't a joke, it was downright disturbing. Second, we were late. I recognize that this is an inconvenience and I felt horrible, but we experienced car trouble over the pass so I called as soon as we had service. We had prepaid so the owner rudely said the same thing had happened the night before and he would leave the info outside and we needed to be in the office at 7am sharp to sign the paperwork (fair enough). When we arrived there was obviously another family who hadn't made it yet either. When my husband went to the office at 7am sharp he was treated to a lecture on how everyone has car trouble and we should've taken the other route (maybe put traveler tips on your website??). His abrasive demeanor and Peeping Tom activities are my big warnings.

The good-the grounds are beautiful, the housekeeper is worth her weight in gold as this place was spotless. While some would call the beds hard, I found them comfortable. The location is divine for Yellowstone and Wyoming provides exceptional landscapes. The laundry is also clean and inviting. The shower water temp fluctuated so be careful (hot super fast) but nothing to turn you away.

I booked this room based upon good reviews, but am sad to say that is not what we experienced. If you stay here, good luck, but I would imagine you could find an alternative that provides human decency for service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank WeloveFlsunshine
greencreek, Owner at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Ok...the last five or six reviewers were happy. Goes to show you that you can't please everyone, all the time. No staff or management "peers" into rooms. As far as arriving late, our confirmations state clearly, the office closes at 10PM. It also states a charge will be incurred for office remaining open after 10PM. Normally, we don't enforce this charge. We do everything we can to help late arrivals by posting info on the door but ultimately, planning has a big part. We just can't believe there are that many car breakdowns in this area. This reasoning (car trouble) for staying later in the badlands of South Dakota or Mt Rushmore is used all to often. Another note about arriving late, the disturbance these arrivals cause to other guests settling in for the evening are all too noticeable by everyone. By arriving at a reasonable time, one can enjoy the food we offer and sit around the campfire with the other guests for a memorable evening.

Travelers are raving about these Wapiti hotels

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We recently stayed at Green Creek. Locations was great, half way between Yellowstone Park and Cody so we could enjoy the best of both places. Cabins were clean, well cared for and allowed all of us in one room. Good starting breakfast and lots of good talk with the owners. We really recommend this property. Well done Green Creek. Bill Arnold

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Union, Maine
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I booked this place because of the location and because most places in Cody were more expensive. The room we had was very clean, but could use some updating. Even though, the room was less expensive than rooms in Cody, I felt it was overpriced. We had a room in Bozeman the following night that was much better and $30 less. Perhaps, I should stop my review at that.

The neighbors behind us (perhaps in the RV section of the property) were showering after 11pm, but the owners most likely have little control over that.

The afternoon we arrived, I asked the man at the front desk, whom I assumed to be the owner, if I could get my boarding passes printed the following morning before we left. I had specifically asked this question when I booked the room and was told "yes" by the woman I spoke with. He attempted to print them at that time even though I told him they couldn't be printed more than 24 hours in advance. He shared with me that he had some family issues going on at the time, so I tried to be as understanding as possible. He told me he had to go into town early the next morning, so he wouldn't be able to help me until late morning. I asked if his wife could help me or if she would mind if I used their computer to print my boarding passes. He didn't come out and say "yes" or "no". The following morning, he was in the office when I went in. I mentioned there was coffee and he gave me a dismissive response. I eventually brought up the boarding passes again and he did accommodate me, but made it known that it was an inconvenience. His personality is not the kind you would expect from a person who runs this type of business. It could be that his mind was on his personal problem.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank pickaname1
greencreek, Owner at Green Creek Inn And RV Park, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
First off, I am not sure what this person is trying to say. I am glad that this reviewer noticed our clean rooms. Thanks for that! Yes, we are cheaper than Cody but overpriced? Everywhere in the town of Cody is more expensive than Bozeman, Montana! Yes, we have RV's and tent camping with our new shower house/laundry being used, sometimes at night. It is still very quiet here. Now on to the main issue here...we had a serious medical situation happen to my father. He passed away just a few days later. My wife did offer to print a boarding pass but was not available at checkin of this guest. My wife was at the Hospice Center with my dying father. Indicating this to this guest did not seem to matter. I did try to print and ultimately did get this done but with a lack of understanding from this guest, I do wonder what was more important. Obviously, not a family member close to death. As indicated on our website, we are a family run business, husband and wife. We will try our best to accommodate every guest but ultimately, family is very important to us as it is to many of our guests. I am thankful of all our guests who expressed understanding during this process and may my father rest in peace, passing at the age of 91...
aurora, mo
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We booked this for our yellowstone vacation. The location was good for the park and sightseeing in Cody. The cleaning staff did a great job and were very friendly as well as the maintenance man. The price was great for that area. We stayed four nights but still didn't see all that we would have liked in the area. It was great overall and we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Willseyville, NY
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was our first trip west, so we booked this motel over the internet as it was close to Yellowstone. The price was reasonalbe. Our stay in Cody and Yellowstone was wonderful - the room was very clean and the staff friendly. Don't expect the Hilton - you will need your own hair dryer and iron. It was nice having a laundry room as our stay was for a few days. They have a concession stand on-site which is nice if you are hungry and want something quick. We would recomend this staying here.

Room Tip: Clean place to stay