“Horrible sleep”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wapiti
Utah
“Horrible sleep”
Reviewed October 6, 2006

My wife and I checked in around 10 PM. We had to wade through the bar packed with bikers and loud, scraggly 40 - 60 yr olds to find the manager. We got a room for a good rate - $50 - 1/2 the $100, which they initially asked. When we got to our room, we were pretty disappointed, but figured it was way too late to find something else. We probobly should have tried. Furniture was very cheap, poor quality, tv was small with very bad reception and sound - unwatchable, curtains were shabby, bed cloths were cheap and thin with no padding, carpet was thin with no padding. There was nothing quaint, rustic, or western about the room. Overall, we were pretty sceeved-out.The beds were so small that my wife and I slept on separate beds. By 7:30 AM, I was so crippled from the horrible mattress that I thought I might have to go to a chiropractor. I stretched and took a hot shower with no relief. This seriously affected the rest of our vacation.

I would NEVER stay again even if it were free. Good location, but I wouldn't want my family there, especially with the looks of the management and bar crowd. I think next time, I would choose a tent or to keep driving rather than stay here. I have had better nights sleep in my car.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid this place at all cost
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank ebay105
nor56001, Owner at Yellowstone Valley Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2007
I was shocked when I read this review! We strive to give all our customers a great experience at YVI. We've spent the winter remodeling our entire facility and have upgraded furniture and amenities in all of our rooms. It's an ongoing project but we're getting rave reviews from our customers for the improvements made to date. I find this review a little suspicious as we've never rented a room during peak season for $50. Our rates have been going up but in June of 2006 an average room rented for $99. I will admit we have the most popular restaurant and bar in this 50 mile valley with music and dancing most every night during season and we are a popular stop for cycle riders as well as families with young children and bus tours coming and going from Yellowstone. I hope people will read other more favorable reviews before making their final decision. Ron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Minnesota
Reviewed August 19, 2006

Being we're from Minnesota, we needed to get used to no trees , but overall it was OK. Showers were clean, kids used the pool. Campsites were typical size and layout.

1 Thank chevytravel
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2003

Whatever you do don't stay in this motel. Our room was very noisy; we could hear the upstairs neighbors talking and walking around on the wooden floor. The room also smelled of paint and was not that well cleaned. Hairs on the shower mat for example. For a nice surprise look under the bed the maid obviously doesn't. We also had no hot water in the morning probably because too many people we're bathing at the same time.

My advice is always try to find an AAA-recognized hotel/motel.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wapiti
Best Western Premier Ivy Inn & Suites
Best Western Sunset Inn
Holiday Inn Cody at Buffalo Bill Village
A Western Rose Motel
The Cody Hotel
The Cody Hotel
#4 of 29 in Cody
Buffalo Bill Cabin Village

Been to Yellowstone Valley Inn? Share your experiences!