“Beautiful place to stay.”

Yellowstone Valley Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wapiti
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Awesome cabins with very comfy beds, also very clean. The view in all directions is breathtakingly beautiful. The staff is also very courteous and friendly. Would definitely recommend and hope to make it back sometime.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
nor56001, Owner at Yellowstone Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thanks so much and hope to see you again real soon. Ron

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I want and can't wait to visit again!!!! Yellowstone Valley Inn was such a great place to stay. Not only did it have breath taking views but it also had great service and the friendliest of staff. The office attendant was very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and especially yellowstone park, and her husband was right on the ball about the best places to travel.

My boyfriend and I stayed 5 nights in their top motel room and it honestly felt like home. Every morning you'd say hello to the office attendant and her husband and you'd talk about your plans for the day and it's like they became your family...I got this feeling after on 3 nights!! So I didn't want to leave but I know we'll be coming back!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Thanks so much for the glowing review and please hurry back. Ron

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This isn't a five-star luxury hotel, or even a modern low-budget business hotel. It is a wonderfully old-school country lodging. Given the comparative price of really sketchy-looking places in Cody, this is an absolute bargain!

The staff is friendly and personable, breakfasts are not overly elaborate but are excellent (no powdered eggs here! and really good biscuits!), and the cabins are perfect. They give you a nice rustic feel away from the highly commercialized hustle of Cody, and it is REALLY nice to wake up in the morning and check out the Shoshone River before heading over to Yellowstone. We unexpectedly extended our stay because we were so happy with the accommodations -- although I strongly going for the cabins over the rooms in the lodge/motel part. Drove in to Cody the first day, in to Yellowstone the next two. The wireless is ok (not so great for streaming stuff) and you will get cell reception if you have Verizon, but not other service providers. Not a drawback (I kinda liked having no reception), but something you should be aware of if, like me, you're stuck telecommuting. Nice that they have an on-site playground and heated pool as well. I don't understand another poster's comment about the beds - they were SUPER pillowtop-y. Similarly, don't be worried about the place being hard to find -- we found it easily at 11:30 pm on an otherwise dark road!

Very relaxing and as long as you know what you're getting - think western rustic - this is a great place to get in the Yellowstone mood!

Room Tip: Cabins or updated lodge room....
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca S
nor56001, Owner at Yellowstone Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

You know I don't think anyone ever described our resort better. Thank you so much. You really nailed it. We're an old facility and you can't build anymore of these out here due to new zoning regulations so we are constantly rebuilding, replacing and remodeling this old girl to make it a better facility. I had a friend ask me if it would ever be over and I said no because after we get one thing accomplished it's time to start another so it's an ongoing labor of love. I can't wait to share your review with our entire staff so they see that all the hard work is paying off. Thanks again and next stay I'd like to put you in one of our upstairs balcony rooms in the hotel so you can review our most popular rooms. We spent several hundred dollars in early May to 'upgrade' our current wifi and had terrible results. We and our employees are as frustrated with it as you are. Yesterday the Wifi company was here for several hours and I showed them the reviews we were getting. They did find 2 faulty pieces of equipment and replaced them and updated the programming with the newest editions and last night mine worked better than it has since the new 'high speed' was installed. Hopefully these results will solve the problem. Please hurry back for another visit. Ron

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed in a wheelchair accessible cabin during a recent road trip. The cabin was very comfortable and clean. There was plenty of room to navigate my wheelchair around the room and into the bathroom. Cody was one of the places on our trip that we were most excited to see. But, as we drove through Cody and then out of it, my husband started to get worried about the hotel I'd booked. Based on reviews, I knew this hotel would be worth it and told him to be patient. Luckily, I was correct! This property was great! They were only a short drive to the sights of Cody, but far enough on the outskirts that it was a very relaxing stay. The property had elbow room so you didn't feel like you were right on top of your neighbor. There were horseshoe pits and various seating areas for hanging out. The restaurant was delicious! Our server was so friendly. My husband chatted with the woman who checked us in (possibly the owner?) as she was originally from the same part of California that I am from. After staying here, I see why she relocated! This hotel helped cement Cody as our favorite part of our trip and we can't wait to go back and stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Glad you had a great time. Next time you come I hope you book further in advance because last fall we installed the first 2 wheel chair accessible bathrooms in this whole area on the 2 rooms on the east end of our lodge. They have been so popular that we have plans to add more in the future. thanks again for the kind words and please hurry back. Ron

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We spent 7 days/8 nights at YVI celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. Our stay here was just perfect for us! We had a hotel balcony room with a beautiful view and comfortable beds. The staff at YVI is awesome! The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. The scenic drive from YVI to Yellowstone is beautiful and the weather was perfect during our stay. Everything was just what we wanted. Comfortable, affordable, fabulous and fun! Thank you YVI, we definitely want to come back some day. You made our time special and we will always remember the great time we had there!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for the kind words. We had the WIFI people out yesterday working on their system and hopefully got the problem solved. As we've known for a while when you have several hundred people staying here at peak season and everyone is connected now days, it does strain our wifi out here in the country. At our Arizona home in the winter we have the high speed cable and never a problem but here in rural Wyoming there is no cable so our options are very limited. After their visit yesterday we've noticed an improvement and they did find 2 pieces of their equipment that weren't working properly so we're hoping the problem is solved but this is the middle of nowhere Wyoming so only time will tell. Hurry back. Ron

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We wanted a unique place to stay on the east side of Yellowstone and close to Cody. This place has some hotel rooms with balcony on the Shoshone River. ITs also an RV park and camp ground. To get queen beds we had to stay on second floor. No elevator. Our first room was big, but my parents room was small and hokey. Had old vanity out in the room , it was so small it was hard to get around in there. Our room had a couch area and was bigger. It was clean enough. Needs some updating. Just some western décor and bed covers would be nice. Then on our 3rd night there we had to move to one of the smaller rooms also. Breakfast is included if youre in the hotel area. The breakfast was awesome. The servers were retired folks staying for the summer. Very friendly. Everyone was friendly. They also have small cabins for 2 there. Nothing fancy. It was mostly quiet. The view of the river on the balcony was good. The roadway gets alittle busy during the day . but you don't hear it at night. The pool is near the RV and camping area and right on the highway. We never used it. we slept well here every night. Price is good for the area

Room Tip: If you want queen beds get a 2nd floor room. And also get the rooms in the middle. they are quite a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

We're working on the updates. First we had to replace all the infrastructure and that's taken 10 years and over a million dollars. When they built places like this old girl there were no codes or permitting so lots of 'cowboy engineering' in this part of the country. I don't think there was a DEQ or EPA but they are sure here now and that's a good thing to insure replacing septics and wells etc is all done properly and meets todays codes. I've got my eye on the western log furniture we want to use in all our rooms I just need more money to get it all done. We are a seasonal resort business and use every available dollar to improve this place and will continue to do so. Of course when we get all the updating done our prices will go up and right now we are the best value within 50 miles of Yellowstone! Thanks for staying and hope we see you again. Ron

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved this place. The rooms were very clean and ours was huge. Ask for room 23..its big. This place has an RV park, cabins and a hotel. We were in the hotel part so I can't speak to the others but I imagine they were just as good. This isnt fancy but I liked this place better than any fancy place I've stayed.
Our room had a balcony that overlooked the river. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was great. Dinner in the restaurant was very good as well. The western look of everything was super cute. I can't say enough good things. Its like 30 min from the entrance of Yellowstone and well worth the drive. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
nor56001, Owner at Yellowstone Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

My staff and I love your kind words because that's how we all feel about this place. Please hurry back. Ron

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wapiti
Best Western Premier Ivy Inn & Suites
Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel
The Cody Hotel
The Cody Hotel
#3 of 29 in Cody

Been to Yellowstone Valley Inn? Share your experiences!