“Good value”

Cuisines: American
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good value”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Nothing special but the price was good, the salad/ soup bar was good and the food wasn't bad.............

Visited August 2012

“Amazing food and great service”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Traveled to Torrington, WY on business and found this great restaurant. Deacon's has the best pancakes i have ever tasted. Pancakes are light, fluffy, and literally melt in your mouth. The entire breakfast was fantastic and the service is excellent. Deacon's is family-owned and is a true asset to Torrington and the state of WY.

Topeka
“Great Food, Wonderful Service”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

As we were traveling south toward Denver, we realized we needed to stop and have dinner along the way. We gambled on trying Deacons which was right on our route.

What a pleasant surprise! Often small town dining is adequate but not great. Deacons was the exception.

The menu had a wide variety of choices, our meals ranged from salad with steak to baked salmon, as well as pulled pork. The salad had the restaurants own homemade dressing (which was great), my salmon had a homemade dill sauce (also very tasty) and my steamed vegetables were actually that! Steamed fresh with a light sauce added. Excellent!

The wait staff was efficient, friendly and attentive and when I spilled my to go coffee, she kindly replaced it with no extra charge.

I highly recommend this restaurant and commend the staff and chef for a great meal.

• Visited July 2012
Missouri
“The best place to eat in Torrington”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Every summer, I travel to Torrington to visit family. Torrington is a small town and there are not a lot of options for dining out, if you discount fast food. Deacon's Restaurant would be a stand-out, though, even if Torrington had lots of restaurants. The service is fast and friendly. Their menu is extensive, and when you first review it you wonder if it's possible that they can serve that many things well. Well, they do -- from their sandwiches, large salads, steaks and seafood, and down-home comfort food like open-faced roast beef sandwiches with mashed potatoes. They also have an excellent fresh salad bar and soups daily. I've always been too full to indulge in dessert, but the ones I've seen carried by my table looked delicious. Their iced tea is excellent! The prices are reasonable and the service is fast and friendly. A man that I assume is the owner is always in the restaurant waiting on customers and running the register. If he is the owner, I assume his active involvement is one of the main reasons this restaurant continues to thrive in a town where other establishments seems to come and go with regularity.

• Visited July 2012