“Train-spotter's will love this place!”

Holiday Inn Express Torrington
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Torrington
“Train-spotter's will love this place!”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This is a fairly new hotel with a very pleasant staff and nicely appointed rooms. We spent one night here with our small dog and had a lovely second story room overlooking the rail tracks about 50 yards away, running parallel with the North Platte River and historic US Highway 26 in front of the hotel. Sandy and Nicky, the front desk staff on duty when we checked in were delightful and even in the midst of dealing with an incoming wedding party, took the necessary time to get us comfortably into our room.

The trains never stopped running by the hotel; day, night, every 40 minutes or so, a loud blast from the train’s air horns warned of its coming and it woke me each time, but I didn’t find it unpleasant. Rather, it seemed just part of the flavor of this town and a reflection of the rich history of this centuries old Wild West trade route. It seemed like we were, for one night, living a part of this legacy, and after all, that’s what we were traveling for and hoping to find. The set of earplugs provided good-naturedly by the hotel, are a useful option if you’re not as taken with the historic romance of this region.

Having seen the rest of the town on our way out the next morning, I can assure all fellow road travelers, this is the only game in town. We made our reservations while on the road without benefit of research and once in a great while, Lady Luck shines down upon us; it was truly our good fortune to find this hotel, and I hope we pass this way again sometime in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express - Torrington during a road trip just a few days ago. The hotel was beautiful, clean and filled with friendly staff. The breakfast was delicious and well-stocked and the room was incredibly well furnished. The only possible downside is that the hotel is across the street from the train tracks which has trains coming through all night. I opted for ear plugs and the other two people in the room did not. While they both heard the train a couple times throughout the night I never did. As long as you're okay wearing earplugs the hotel is well worth that small nuisance.

• Stayed July 2010
o'fallon missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The hotel was very clean and the staff were wonderful. They recommended Deacons for dinner and it was a great place to eat. The only bad thing was the trains run ALL night so if you are a light sleeper don't expect to get any sleep. I think there were about 6 trains that night. I should I got the hint when they had earplugs in the room. Ask for a room on the other side of the hotel and you may be okay. I would stay again in the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Colorado
Reviewed July 21, 2010

...having checked Trip Advisor for hotel references before I began my journey to So Dakota, I picked this hotel because of the "rave" reviews.

I was not to be disappointed. The building was the newest and cleanest in town. The staff was wonderful - helpfu - polite and customer service orientated....

we arrived on a Sunday, and believe this, no restaurants were open in town except for fast food. We only found one - that review will be posted also.

The hotel was clean, comfortable, just plain nice! The pool was heated just right and couldn't have been happier.

Other travelers complained about the train going by at all hours. You need to undertand before you go you are in a small farm town and the train is necessary to carry goods across the U.S. The train whistle didn't bother us at all !! It wasn't as bad as some people said. Don't let this deter you. If you have trouble sleeping, the Hotel provides ear plugs just in case...

Let me tell you this hotel is an oasis in the "prairie". The other hotel/motels look run down and dirty. The extra $10 or $20 is well worth it.

And, oh, the breakfast --- eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, juices, bagels, and more!!! Excellent! Lots to choose from !!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I stayed here on business twice over the course of the summer and it is great! The rooms are very nice, and enjoy the comfy beds and flat screen tv. Breakfast isn't the greatest (at any H.I express) but it worked. Overall very nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Broomfield CO
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I had originally booked the Days Inn because the rate was about $25 less. At the last minute, I changed my reservation over to the Holiday Inn Express and knew instantly that it was the best decision! The rooms were large, quiet and comfortable...a large bathroom with a seperate area for the sink, fridge, microwave, etc. I was impressed with the free hot breakfast in the morning. I would highly recommend this property to anyone traveling through the area! Friendly staff too...except in the morning when I asked for a late check out (1pm)...they accomodated me, but the lady at the front desk wasn't real pleased and she showed it. Overall, a great experience and will be staying here again when I come through the area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Couple stayed at this hotel during business trip. This is better than other Holiday Inn Express we have stayed in the past.
I absolutely reccomend it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Torrington? Share your experiences!