“Lots of Animal Heads on the Wall and That's About It!”
Review of The Safari Club

The Safari Club
Ranked #11 of 31 Restaurants in Thermopolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Attached to the Days Inn in Thermopolis WY
Denver, Colorado
“Lots of Animal Heads on the Wall and That's About It!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

At arrival this place had a good vibe and seemed to be a bonafide establishment. It looked like it could be a lot of fun on weekends. I've also never seen such a collection of animal heads on the wall in one place at one time. However the food (at least what I had) was disappointing. I had the prime rib which the waitress recommended. It was ok, but far from the best I've ever had. It came with an decent side salad and I had wild rice instead of a baked potatoe...mistake! The rice was more like Lipton rice mix which had no flavor and was extremely sloppy like they added too much water to it. I also had them add mushrooms to the top of the prime rib which was also a mistake. They weren't sauteed, I think they were grilled with way too much seasoning on them creating a charred concoction that I had to scrape off the prime rib. The guy at the table next to me had a 14 oz Porterhouse (I think) with a baked potatoe and seemed to love his. I will say his steak was almost as big as his plate. I obviously wasn't as lucky. I only went here because I was staying at the hotel across the street and didn't want to drive into town for other dining options. However, next time I think I will.

• Visited December 2012

Loveland, Colorado
“Great Decor...Food not so.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Our group of 4 ate here on Saturday night. We arrived early around 5. The restruant filled rapidly with families about 6 PM. Our potato bacon soup was lukewarm (the soup of the day). The salad was nicely prepared. The chicken fried steak was lathered in white gravy with a strong sage flavor. It was not the best chicken fried steak. Mashed potatoes were okay, nothing to write about for sure. The Jack Daniels Steak med/rare was tender and quite good. The service was okay,m not attentive. She only returned when you had to get her. When asked about a beer she said "I have no idea" instead of "I'll find out for you".

1 Thank coloradofcn
United States
“Best Sunday Night Option- Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Sunday night dinner was hard to find in this town but the Safari Club was the best option. Like other reviewers, my husband and I marveled at the various exotic game heads. This is a good low key bar- good for a beer and a hearty American bite :)

San Antonio, Texas
“Great surprise!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

As you enter the state park in Thermopolis, you pass the Days Inn which has the Safari Club Restaurant. The food is great, service excellent, and the people are so friendly! They have an outstanding Prime Rib, best in the area. Recommend to all to stop by and enjoy the incredible mounted animal collection and awesome food!

What a nice surprise in such a small town.

Oceanside, California
“Great Restaurant with Lots to Look At”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Safari Club is located in the Days Inn Hotel. It's really a must see in itself for all the mounted animals on the walls. The food was very good, service prompt and reasonably priced.

Visited August 2012