Roundtop Mountain Motel
$95
Hotels.com
Paintbrush Inn(Thermopolis)
$60
El Rancho Motel(Thermopolis)(Great Value!)
$75
Elk Antler Inn(Thermopolis)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
Priceline
$78
$73
Quality Inn(Thermopolis)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerroom was cleanin townair conditioningplace to staynight stayhot springs state parklizcabinkitchenettemotelratescablewounddinosaursfurniture
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at this motel based on a review by Frommer's Montana and Wyoming Travel Guide. The cabin itself was quaint and clean. Several things that should have been brought to my attention at check in - the a/c is a swamp cooler, and needed an adapter for the electrical outlets (no three pronged outlets). The cabin sat right next to a four lane highway which was very noisy at night. I barely slept the first night and because of that I moved the second night. The owner's have a cancellation policy that requires several days advance notice and did not take into consideration that it was because of the motel that I was checking out early. So I ended up paying for both night anyway! No thanks!

Room Tip: Do not stay here! May be inexpensive but in the long run it cost me more! Too noisey and felt unsafe there!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Terri S
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in Sep. of 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed our quarters. It's not fancy, but it is clean and economical. The town is very friendly, clean, and open. Don't miss the local museum also, as it is well worth the time to visit it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Loved it!! My husband and I have long avoided the Roundtop but when we read that it was under new management/ownership we had to give it another try. so glad we did. New owners are friendly and approachable and the cabin we stayed in was clean and charming. We stopped in on our way to Red Lodge and as usual, had our 80 pound Catahoula with us. Our dog was welcomed with no problems. Our cabin was such a bargain (49.99!!!) and included a full kitchen with pans and dishes as well as a flat screen TV. We enjoyed a nice dinner in our room and a lovely walk through downtown and Hot Springs Park. The Roundtop is conveniently located and now- thanks to the new owners- back on our list of preferred lodging! We will stay here whenever we feel like escaping to Thermop for a soak in the hot springs.

Room Tip: the cabins are really charming and you can't beat the full kitchenette and pet friendliness.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank goatpacker
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I just spent 6 nights at this motel, and I loved it. It's a simple, family owned place. It's clean and quiet. The wi-fi connection is strong. There's cable TV. There's air conditioning, a refrigerator and a microwave. The owners are helpful but unobtrusive. It's a 10 minute walk from the hot springs. It was great! I really enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank OldCowpoke
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed here for one night at the beginning of June. We were supposed to stay for two nights, but the guy behind the desk was kind enough to let us only stay for one. We found the staff to be generally clueless and unhelpful. We couldn't understand why they would just be sitting around on the porch all day when there was clearly work that could be done around the place.

The best feature of this place was that the bathroom was relatively clean. The rest of the room was dark, smelled like it had been smoked in for years, and absolutely filthy. I went to open a window and found that not only could I not open it, but the area above the air conditioner was unbelievably filthy. There were areas in the kitchen covered in grease. I didn't want to touch anything, and was glad we did laundry the next day because my clothes smelled of cigarette smoke after we left.

Sorry, no pictures...just wanted to leave!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple