“Too many broken items”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Thermopolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked our room 6 weeks in advance to attend a wedding. We arrive day of wedding, no reservation found in their system, even with confirmation number. Staff on duty, were very rude. A room was offered to us, but carpet was wet, toilet was not working, screens on windows were loose. Don't usually stay at this chain and obviously I never will in Thermopolis!! Please do not stay at this motel!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Nunyawanya
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay here, this was a nasty place and waaaaaayyyy overpriced!!! Will never stay in a super 8 again!! I will sleep in my car next time before I would stay in a place like this!! Toilet was broken and flooded the bathroom floor with water, carpet looked as though it had not been vacuumed in weeks, pool was sooooo gross, hot tub was slimy and felt like you needed a good long shower when you got out

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Thermopolis hotels

Cody
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We booked this room in advance honeymoon. Very upset; pool & jacc wasn't open. Staff wasn't helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

On a 14 night 4500 mile trip, this was the worst hotel experiences we had. It started from the get-go. Our reservation had been pre-paid online. The young man working the evening shift had no idea what he was doing. When I handed him my credit card as is usually required for incidentals even on prepaid reservations, he charged the full price of the room again. I told him the room was prepaid and he contradicted me and said it was not. When I showed him my receipt from the prepayment and he said he wasn’t able to do a refund and would have to wait until the next morning. The room was very clean. That is the only good thing I have to say about this hotel, so kudos to the cleaning lady. The television only had one channel and the remote control was tapped together with electrical tape and didn’t work. We assumed that the batteries were out so my husband asked the desk clerk for new ones and he didn’t have any. He just gave my husband a piece of paper for reprograming the TV. Remember, the remote didn’t work so this was no help. The only thing the controls on the side of the TV did was turn it off and on, so no help there. I went back to the desk to ask for more help and there was a man there also complaining about his TV and remote not working properly. The clerk offered to come and reprogram his but not mine. Even though it was cool outside, it was very warm and musty in the room so we turned on the air conditioner. The thermostat on the AC didn’t work properly and the room never did get cool. The next morning we intended to leave by 7 am so we asked the morning desk clerk about getting our refund. He also had no idea how to do a refund. He said that the manager would be there at 8 am and she would have to do it. Figuring that this would be the only way to get our refund we decided to indulge in the complimentary hot and cold breakfast. Another mistake. None of the “hot” items were even warm. The frozen biscuits had been thawed and that was it. The sausage gravy had been poured out of a can and that was it. The oatmeal was stone cold. It had not been seasoned or stirred and had separated so that it was watery and lumpy. We were afraid to even try anything else. 8 o’clock came and went and we were running an hour late already so I asked the clerk to make copies of my two receipts. I wrote a long explanation of the problem on the papers and asked for her to call me. I also filled out a form that was in the room asking guests to comment on any problems they encountered and suggestions. I suggested training your people before leaving them alone with no way to contact management. About 8:15 the phone rang at the desk. The clerk answered the call and listened but made no comment to the caller. When he hang up he said that was the manager and that she was going to stop off for a cola before coming to work, but that she was close so she would be there soon. At 8:45 we decided not to wait any longer so I gave the clerk all the papers and we walked out. As we were leaving, the manager drove up in her Cadillac. I asked her if she was the manager and she nodded and walked past me. We followed her into the hotel and waited another 5 minutes for her. I could see her from the front desk so I called to her and told her that we really needed to talk to her. She came forward and I explained the problem. It took her another 20 minutes to actually do the refund. During that time she never once addressed us. She never apologized for anything. The only thing she said to me was when she shoved the refund receipt at me and said for me to sign it and then gave me my copy. The final slap in the face was when she took all the papers that I had written on, including the comment paper, and handed them to the clerk and told him to “go shred these.” When he looked shocked, she repeated her command and he obliged. Both desk clerks had only worked there a short time so I could understand that they didn’t know how to do everything. However, management doesn’t leave untrained people alone with no way to contact them to resolve issues. And, there was no excuse for the manager’s rudeness. I hope the owner and Best Western read this and try to salvage this hotel before other guests have such a bad experience. Also, the time it took to resolve these issues ate up the time we planned to use to see local attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple