“Pet & People Friendly”
Review of Paintbrush Inn

Paintbrush Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Thermopolis
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I found the rooms here to be clean & inexpensive also each had its own theme which I found unique. Altho I had 3 dogs, they let me stay in a room with new carpet as the pet rooms were already taken. The owner was friendly, knowledgeable about the restaurants & local sights concerned about me. I enjoyed my stay there & would stay again on my return trip.

Room Tip: Be friendly
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank lightdancer16
There are newer reviews for Paintbrush Inn

Reviewed March 1, 2011

I have been going to the mineral springs for years. I visit Thermopolis at least three times a year. Having stayed at the numerous hotels in the area I have found this one suits me perfectly. I am a single father with two kids who appreciates a quality with a reasonable price. I stayed at this hotel three times last year and always found it well maintained, clean and affordable. I had a chance to speak with a couple that was visiting from England and they said this was a stop they go to while they travel on motorcycle across the country. I believe in buying locally first and I liked the fact that it was a Mom and Pop business and not some big national chain. I feel at home when I visit the Paintbrush Inn.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2011

It may not be the Hilton, but for the price it was nice. We had a great stay. The people were very friendly, and knew about the town and its history. They gave us a lot of information about places in and out of town. It was clean and had comfortable beds. The kitchen was large and had all the comforts of home. The owners even got us pizza
because the restaurants were closed. How many other motels will do that for you? We will sure stay here again when we come through Thermopolis. It was a pleasure to have stayed there, and there were no bedbugs, or trash in the rooms. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I came through town to try these mineral springs a friend raved about. I was looking for a budget place as i couldn't us my priority points and I was gonna stay 6 days. They put us up in their Suite...not really what I call a suite but for the price...I can't argue. I was a little leery about a post I saw on Trip advisor about bed bugs as occasionally budget Motels are prone to get them. I called ahead to ask about them and they wer aware of a singular issue and had already taken action. As everywhere else was very pricy I reluctantly decided to stay here. To my surprise the room was fine...had a kitchen and full size fridge and oven that we took well advantage of. Was it a 5 star stay no, but a great value.

I could tell the owner was a mom and pop outfit, they were nice and cordial but I did catch them being stern with someone who was apparently trying to break their no smoking policy by smoking in a non-smoking room. People apparently without class. Be carefull on reading reviews, I noticed one about the bed bugs was a local competitor...not very smart.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We stayed at this motel on our way to Yellowstone, and it was miserable. The woman in the office wasn't very friendly, and gave us "one of their best rooms", due to the fact that it had a wall separating the two queen beds. This actually turned out to be an inconvenience because we couldn't see the T.V. from both beds. We were sure there were bed bugs in one of the beds. We saw brown and red stains on the sheets and mattress. Luckily we had brought a sleeping bag and slept on top of it. The room was filthy including the fridge and microwave. They claim it is remodeled, but it only had new tile in the bathroom. Needless to say, it was a sleepless night and we couldn't wait to leave. My suggestion would be to keep driving and stay in Cody, even if it costs a little bit more. It's closer to the park, and has a wider variety of accomodations.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank rkayjk
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Arrived late, but called number on door and owner came right away.
Room was clean, well taken care of, had small kitchen area with older looking microwave and range, but both worked just fine.
Bed was large and comfortable, new TV, free Wi-Fi
Location was right on the main road, easy to arrive and leave.
Owner provided details on a few things to see and avoid in the area
Would stay again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tdm00
Reviewed January 22, 2010

We had the opportunity to stay at this motel (I think it's called the Paintbrush Inn now) last summer for a week while visiting Thermopolis. The room we stayed in was very spacious and clean and the price was great. After a long day of soaking in the Hot Springs, river rafting, and sight seeing it was the perfect place to come "home" to and relax because my children and I didn't feel cramped in the room. The staff was very nice and extremely helpful in giving us directions to the different places around town. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family