“Wouldn't recommend!!!”

Fountain of Youth Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Thermopolis
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there July 22nd 2012, just passing through on our way home. I read the reviews and thought it would be an ok place to stay since we were just stopping through. Not only was the room smelly and musky but it was filthy! I wouldn't get in the shower with out my flip flops on. And then in the morning when I went to wash my face I found a bunch black trimmed pubic hairs in the hand towel. Definitely not worth $65!! I would've slept in my car if I had known it was that bad. The owner didn't even refund ANY of my money after telling him about the hairs. Apparently pubic hairs in your hand towel doesn't necessitate any sort of refund at the Hot Springs Inn. There are lot of better motels and hotels just down the road.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveler999933423
There are newer reviews for Fountain of Youth Inn

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The staff was good and the room was clean. It is an older motel that they are still remodeling. My biggest complaint was claiming online through tripadvisor that the room had two queen beds and room for a roll away. There was no way another bed would fit in that room. Breakfast was good (scrambled eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal and muffins) but at the Coachman another motel that they also own while the Hot Springs Inn's kitchen is being remodeled. Over all a little over priced for what you get. Still I would like to see what they do with it over the next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 7kiwi
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Place has been remodeled. Very clean and comfortable bed. Air didn't cool very well but sufficient. Asked for late check out so we could shower after great white water raft trip, not a problem. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a 1 (one) star hotel AT BEST. Only stay here if you have no other option. My room smelled like a dirty ashtray. When my wife turned on the hairdryer in the bathroom about fifty small dead flies fell from the light fixtures onto the sink. Why didnt we just leave? We arrived after midnight and had to get the manager (who was very nice) out of bed to get checked in and the kids were already asleep, so we just toughed it out. Plus, we had booked the room through an online service like Prceline or Expedia, I can't remember which, and had already paid for it. Three days later, our luggage still smells like an ashtray. The stairs leading upstairs from the parking lot are rusted badly. Breakfast was included in our rate but we were told if we wanted breakfast we would have to travel a few blocks doCoachman restaurant which was owned by another member of the family and they would honor it. We decided not to. On the plus side...There was a new flat screen tv in the room along with maybe a small fridge and coffee maker. And Like I mentioned, the young lady manager was very nice which is why I gave this hotel two stars instead of one... but at the end of the day, this hotel may be fine for a migrant laborer but it's definitely not geared for a family.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else until this hotel makes major improvements. No late night staff. You have to wake...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Battlechip
Reviewed June 17, 2012

On a recent trip to MOntana, we stayed here twice, each time for 3 or 4 days, which makes the 6th or 7th time that we have stayed at this motel. We began staying here years ago when it was called "Fountain of Youth Inn" and use of the FOY hot pools was included in the very reasonable motel rate. This motel has been here for years and heavily used. The last owner and now the new owner have started needed upgrades and repairs. We found the beds very comfortable; some rooms have been nicely painted in lovely color schemes; new and interesting pictures have been hung. The new manager was most friendly and helpful; assumed her duties here less than 2 months ago, but has years of experience in motel renovations, is working to develop a friendly, intimate small unique motel, lovingly decorated. Will we stay here again? You bet!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JandSinSocorro
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I don't understand all the negative comments. I stayed for 4 nights my room was clean upon arrival and kept clean throughout my stay. They must have new owners/managers because they were very kind and there to answer any questions I had at any time of the day. This is THE place to stay in thermopolis!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jones307
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We thought the reviews were a bit daunting. We arrived to find out a new owner and management had taken over and had been making the Inn a nice place to be rooms were clean and appearence was clean. Clearly the new owners had done there homework. Exceptional service. We will come back again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family