“Really nice place to get a good night's rest.”
Review of Coachman Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thermopolis
Coachman Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Thermopolis B&B and Inns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Really nice place to get a good night's rest.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Spent the night here and was happy with the hotel. Nice room and friendly staff. Traveled with a large party and had a few rooms. Everyone was well rested. I would recommend to others for a good hotel to stay at...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Do not stay at this nasty, dirty place. Sadly, we rented two rooms, both were disgusting and filthy. Dusty, hair, spilt stuff still on the floor with paper stuck to it, crap & dirty under the beds, soap stuck the the tubs. Our poor baby's feet were covered and black sticky stuff after just a couple of minutes on the floor. The mattresses felt like straight box spings. Hair in the sheets. A bug crawled on one of us during the night...

Save your money. Even if this is the last place open - stay in your car...

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel... We were in rooms 117 and 119. There were aweful and filthy.... Can...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 2Tickets2

Travelers are raving about these Thermopolis hotels

Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I refused to stay at this place it was so dirty! There was rotten and moldy base boards, the floors had not been cleaned, stains on the walls around the toilet and were pictures had hung, bugs in the bathroom, light bulbs missing, cigaret stains on comforters, stains on sheets, and the list goes on and on. I was quoted on price but at check in was quoted a higher price, had to fight to get that price down to the original quote. The owners daughter/manager who is a seventeen year old was rude and belligerent. When I told her I refuse to stay, I was refused a refund. Stating I had been in the room and now they will have to clean it again. My credit card company was on my side, because I did not stay the night and I stayed the night in Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you pay!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Penguin5travels
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Spent a night at the Coachman, Aug 2, 2013 and woke up with many bed bug bites! Spent the following night in my van. Several other members of our party were also exposed to bed bugs so several rooms are infected. This was part of an organized stay to support a charity bike ride so I have not had any interaction with the hotel about this. The ride director is handling this. Bottom line - this property has BED BUGS and should not be stayed at until proof of remediation is provided.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank poppoobvguj
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is an older property that is now being upgraded. Our room was clean. The folks were friendly and did not charge us extra for our dog. Complimentary breakfast of juice, coffee, tea, cereal, fruit, yogurt, and fresh baked "silver dollar" waffles was wonderful and set in a pleasent sun room. We would go back.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ridin
GRAND JUNCTION
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I've been traveling for most of my 56 years for both business & pleasure. I've stayed in countless B&B's, Hostels, Inns, Motels, Hotels, Resorts, Campgrounds etc in America, Canada, Mexico and Europe. I have NEVER refused to stay anywhere until the Coachman Motel. It is gross; filthy, dirty, deplorable conditions and that is only exceeded by the crude, rude, disrespectful, immaturity of the self declared "Owner/Manager" who in reality is nothing but an ill-mannered, foul-mouthed 17 year old girl, Alexis, the daughter of the owner. In April Alexis is whom I originally booked my reservation with: She quoted and confirmed $55 p/n for a room with 3 queen beds. In June when my cousin called to book her room Jandra wasn't able to find my reservation. She booked it (again) honoring the $55 rate for the 1 rm w/3 queens. Upon check-in my reservartion rate was now $69 and only 2 beds. Alexis refused to honor the rate or the room type even though she acknowledged the original reservation had existed. (She blamed some "outside hired source" who handles the reservations, there is no outside source, the Coachman is strictly a small time self managed property). Upon my request Alexis relunctantly offered a roll-away. When we entered the rooms we were DISGUSTED!!!! The bed covers were ripped/torn and had multiple burn holes, the matteresses were so concaved they looked like sinkholes. You could read through the sheets, the room stank of stale cigarette smoke. Three of the 4 light fixtures didn't have lightbulbs. The carpet hadn't been vacummed, the bathroom had dead bugs on the floor and holes in the wall. I understand old - but basic upkeep and maintenance is necessary. Three encounters with Alexis; all were nasty. She is belligerent, rude (calling me a "pissy cowboy" among other things) and just plain hostile. My cousin and I refused to stay and returned our room keys and asked that the charges to our credit cards be refunded. Alexis refused, saying that since we had entered the room it would need to be inspected and if we had "touched anything" she wouldn't refund our money. We explained that, yes, we had "touched" things; door knobs, light switches, bedding, but we hadn't "used" anything. Alexis argued that since we had "touched" things in the room she would not refund our money. We asked to speak with the real owner and Alexis said her father was out doing work for "all the other hotels he owns" and doesn't talk to guests." We left and were on the far side of the motel's circular drive/lot calling our credit card companies to file disputes, when Alexis exited the office and mounted her ATV/Gator and sped around the lot slinging dust and gravel on us, our children and our vehicles, all the while screaming/yelling unintelligible insults.
I am not one to file multiple complaints, but my cousin and I are both so disgusted that we are following up with letters to the Thermoplis Wyoming Chamber of Commerce, the local newspaper, and the Wyoming Visitors Bureau. This place needs to be shut down and if there is a "real" owner they need to terminate Alexis. and her family needs to get her some serious help.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank TravelCritter6
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Rooms, filthy dirty. Linens, stained. Matresses, no pad but reasonably comfy. I bought my own sheets and covered the gross bed coverings. Wifi non existant in 80% of the rooms and front desk was rude and defensive when I inquired what was going on w/ wifi. I doubt their story. My battery was dying, beeping, i took it to desk and still don't have a replacement a day and half later. Breakfast horrible but coffee was GREAT and the room smelled nice. I can't believe the motels in this town have the gall to sell rooms like this. No self respect! Do not be fooled by picture on website. This place sorely needs upgrades, repairs, customer service training.

• Stayed June 2013