Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel
Quality Inn(Thermopolis)
$97
El Rancho Motel(Thermopolis)(Great Value!)
$75
Orbitz.com
Roundtop Mountain Motel(Thermopolis)(Great Value!)
$90
$90
Paintbrush Inn(Thermopolis)
Rainbow Motel(Thermopolis)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstate parkhot tubquichehistoric buildinghot springs parklog furnitureacross the streetthe riverplace to staybest westernssulfur smellwithin walking distancemineral springsswinging bridgehot spring fedking bedspacious room
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had a group of 8 people in 8 rooms at this hotel for a week. All 8 checked out a day early, in person, at the front desk, yet one of the 8 was charged for the additional night. I called and spoke to the actual employee who processed the check out, and he assured me the charge was just an authorization, not an actual charge, and that he did process all the cancelations. After a week, I called back and explained that the charge was still there. I was referred to a manager. After several phone calls, the manager finally told me that since the employee did not record the cancelation, and I have no proof it happened, the charge was valid. The hotel refused to refund the charge, even though it made no sense that 7 of 8 people would check out and one would not, and even though the employee himself stated that he processed the check out.

While my group was satisfied with the hotel itself, I would strongly advise making any reservations, changes, or cancelations in writing, with confirmation numbers. The hotel's customer service is disappointing. Even though the hotel received $7762 from our group, they were not willing to give back $138 that their employee admitted he should not have charged.

Our group is now using the Days Inn across the street.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank belyndaw
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I really wanted to enjoy my stay here. My initial impressions of this place were favorable - Nice historic building, updated modern hotel, clean room, decent bed, adequate breakfast, located in the hot springs state park and deer everywhere when we checked in and out. My complaints began when I tried to sleep. I had room #101. I could here every footstep and voice from the room above me - LOUD! Everytime the room above me turned on their water, I could hear it very loudly in my walls. I have no idea where it was coming from but I heard music (from a radio station) playing all night long. There was an ice machine in the tiled floor hallway right outside my door. My door also had about a 1" gap between it and the floor so everytime someone got ice (including at 3am) I not only woke up but jumped up it was so loud! I'm not saying I wouldn't stay here again, I'll just try to be a little smarter about room location next time.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room #101. If you can, try to pick a top level room not located near an ice machine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked this late, on a last minute road trip to Yellowstone and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was friendly, the room (a "family suite" with living room, bedroom and one bath, two tv's) had plenty of room for our family of four and the location was darned near idyllic. The river flows by and the kids fly fished at sunset with some success. The pool and hot tub are small but clean and fed with geothermal waters. It's walking distance to two hot springs pools, hiking trails, and a beautiful park. The included breakfast was just right, with fruit, cereal and waffles. For dinner or drinks, the hotel across the road has a restaurant. Tons of charm - we discovered it'd been a hotel built by the parks department way back and you can see it in the detail of the architecture even though rooms are decorated with a 90's southwestern vibe.

Room Tip: I'd guess that the second floor is more quiet - we stayed on the river side rather than road side and it was great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This motel is away from the main street, overlooking a brook, so there is little street noise. The service was very friendly and efficient, and the breakfast was generous. We were very grateful in being able to store some food (and our esky freezer packs) in the motel's fridge/freezer overnight. The room we had was small but clean. There is a sulphur smell from the natural spring spa, but this didn't bother us. However, what did grate was the noise of the doors slamming shut just outside our room. This woke us up early in the morning, as soon as the first guest left his/her room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were suprised at the cleanliness and condition of this hotel because it is an old building, built in 1916. It has been completely renovated and is in most excellent shape. The staff is friendly and efficient. They have cards to choose when you would like maid service that you can hang on the door. Very good breakfast. Not extensive choices but everything you need for a good start on the day. First place I've seen that actually checked the temp. of the food in the steam table with a thermometer. If you have kids they will enjoy seeing the deer that wander around he grounds at dusk. You can also walk to the hot pools plus they have one at the hotel if you want.

Room Tip: We had room 210 on the second floor. It was huge with a nice view of the river. Very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family