“Great Family Dinner”

Spur Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Spur Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Village Road
Transit: Start Bus
Description: Spur Restaurant and Bar at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa is located in the heart of Teton Village, inside the Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa. Executive Chef Kevin Humphreys has created a mouthwatering menu of creative dinner favorites at Spur such as Smoked Pheasant Raviolis, Corn Crusted Idaho Trout, Zonker Stout Braised Buffalo Short Ribs, and Chickpea & Goat Cheese Polenta Cakes, in addition to daily specials. All menu selections are complimented with regionally produced organic produce and creative interpretations of classic favorites. Our restaurant is a fire-lit, inviting space to relax and enjoy great food, served by friendly, professional staff. In the summertime, enjoy our scenic patio that overlooks the surrounding area.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our family dined here over the 4th of July holiday. We all enjoyed dining outside. The menu had something for everyone, and I was especially happy to see Pimiento Cheese and crackers offered north of the Mason-Dixon Line. We enjoyed that as an appetizer. Our entrees included the venison, a hamburger, chicken and a pork chop. We found the portions to be appropriate and very good. The wine selections were very nice, including those by the glass. The service was genuinely friendly and professional. All of the staff seemed to be interested in providing a great experience.

The only caveat was the dessert selection. We generally like to share desserts, but the serving sizes were a bit small for that. The desserts we did order were not that memorable, and I would probably skip them if I dined there again.

Overall, it was a positive dining experience.

Seana L, Manager at Spur Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It was great to read that you and your family had such a posititve dining experience. Hopefully next time you join us we can recommend a larger portion dessert that would be good for sharing. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff were fantastic, so professional and friendly, on top of details. Really well trained people! The menu choices looked good, but HOLY COW!! The servings were so small you need a magnifying glass to see them on the plate concealed with twirly loops of sauces etc. NEVER order sea food in Wyoming! Even at Spurs, it is frozen then cooked. What a waste of money! I took my teenage kids and they asked for more food after we finished "dining" (I mean, NIBBLING). The food was grossly over priced (you pay $6 for bread!!). I should have checked the menu before we were seated, then go somewhere else. It was a painful mistake for our group.

Seana L, Manager at Spur Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments . We greatly appreciate all feedback.

It was wonderful to read your comments regarding your excellent service at Spur, I will absolutely pass those praises along to the staff. However, I was disappointed to read that you felt the food did not meet your expectations.
I can assure you that the seafood we purchase is always fresh, it is never frozen. We change our menus seasonally(sometimes more) to ensure we have the freshest products available locally sourced whenever possible.
Yes, it is a surprise for some diners that bread does not come with the meal. Most guests find the $3 bread service, locally made, from Persephone bakery well worth it when they taste how delicious it is.

Thank you again for posting. I sincerely hope you will give us another try if you find yourself in Teton Village again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a newly remodeled restaurant with a cozy atmosphere. I dined here several times while my husband was in company functions. The staff made my visits great as they were very attentive, especially the night hostess. I recommend the smoked trout salad, yum!

Thank you for posting! I will certainly let the staff know how much you appreciated their attentive service ( especially the hostess) . Hope to have you back again sometime.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I and our large group really enjoyed our experience a year ago at this restaurant, then called Cascade. However when the two of us returned this Fourth of July holiday, our experience was much enhanced with the wonderful new surroundings and the happy buzz of more patrons. The chef is the same. We stayed in the adjoining hotel, and therefore had the opportunity to eat breakfast, one lunch and a dinner at Spur. Breakfast was a nice enough buffet, with all the usual...eggs poached or scrambled, breakfast meats, waffles, fruit, cereal etc...as much as you can pile on...but nothing that stood out as outstanding. Our lunch consisted of grass fed beef burgers which were perfectly cooked and delicious/outstanding. We sampled both sweet potato fries and "pommes frites" which were also both outstanding. Our dinner consisted of a buffalo flat iron type cut, with delightful sauce and again, perfectly cooked and tender. Service was always exceptional. We will definitely have lunch and dinner here more often, now one of the best restaurants in Teton Village, when we return next year.

We are as pleased as you are with the renovation! It is great to hear that you loved everything and we look forward to having you back to Spur soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great food in a comfortable, contemporary lodge setting. The service was good as well. Upscale environment, but still family friendly.

Thanks for posting. Hope to have you back to Spur soon!