“We got up and left”

Spur Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Spur Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Village Road
Transit: Start Bus
Description: Spur Restaurant and Bar at Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa is located in the heart of Teton Village, inside the Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa. Executive Chef Kevin Humphreys has created a mouthwatering menu of creative dinner favorites at Spur such as Smoked Pheasant Raviolis, Corn Crusted Idaho Trout, Zonker Stout Braised Buffalo Short Ribs, and Chickpea & Goat Cheese Polenta Cakes, in addition to daily specials. All menu selections are complimented with regionally produced organic produce and creative interpretations of classic favorites. Our restaurant is a fire-lit, inviting space to relax and enjoy great food, served by friendly, professional staff. In the summertime, enjoy our scenic patio that overlooks the surrounding area.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We waited forever for our drink order and decided to get up and leave just as our waitress finally arrived with one of our drinks and to take our order. We told her just to cancel the other drink and forget the iced tea because we were leaving to eat someplace else. We had heard it was so great there but there was nothing on the menu we wanted to order and it was very expensive.

Seana L, Manager at Spur Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

I was truly sorry to read that our menu and prices were not quite what you were looking for and that your drinks did not come to you in a timely fashion.
I agree that it is frusterating to wait for a drink for a long time! We do our best to get all drinks to our guests as quickly as possible, I am so sorry that this did not happen for you.
We strive to keep our menu prices as inexpensive as possible while using the freshest ingredients, locally sourced whenever possible.

I sincerely hope that if you find yourself in the area again you will give Spur another try. I am confident that you will find it well worth it!

There are newer reviews for Spur Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The decor is quite atmospheric with a long bar and old west ambiance. The food was innovative and quite tasty. Service was very good.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed everything! We hope you can join us again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

While staying within Grand Teton Nat'l Park, my husband & I made a special trip to this restaurant specifically for the Kobe beef. First of all, I want to say the Kobe beef was excellent and we were very happy with the food, high quility, well prepared for reasonable prices. But, we didn't feel our experience at Spur was so fun for us. Reviewing the photos attached to this site, we expected to enjoy our dining not only for the food but also for the moutain resort ambience. But, there was no outside view to enjoy while dining, and actually, the outside setting was right behind another building. We stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge where we could enjoy high quality dining with spectacular view, and we didn't feel like it was worth for us to make a special trip to this restaurant. Secondly, we felt rather not so happy experience about the 2 for 1 entrees deal. We didn't know the offer before we went, so when the waiter mentioned the deal, we happily took advantage of the deal. And, I am not complaining about the money here. We were going to pay the whole prices anyway. And, we understood the gratuity 18.5% added to the total before discount. But, we were surprised by a service fee of 18.5% added on top of the gratuity, therefore, the 2 for 1 entrees deal here wasn't exactly the 2 for 1 deal. We don't know if charging the service fee is a common practice at Teton Village. And, we didn't ask about it to the restaurant in order not to ruin our fun vacation for money, but rather felt we would have felt much better to pay stright total fee than seeing the bill so complicated.

Seana L, Manager at Spur Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw, as always, feedback is always greatly appreciated.

I would have to agree with you that the veiws at Jackson Lake in Grand Teton Park are amazing! It would be hard for any restaurant to compare with those. We do offer some wonderful landscaping and typically gorgeous weather on our patio as well as a new addition of comfortable couch seating with fire pit tables for cooler nights.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your meals, although I am concerned about the confusion on your final bill. We do add a 18% gratuity as well as an 8% tax but those would always be the only additions beyond what was ordered. I am very sorry for any confusion on the bill, we try to make the dining experience as seemless as possible for all of our guests and it is unfortunate that this did not happen for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Seana Leger

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went to the Spur because the reviews were so good; we were not disappointed. I had the Kobe Steak with fingerlings potatoes; the steak was so good and almost melted in your mouth. The waitress and other staff were very attentive. Be sure to save room for dessert. It appears that their pastry chef creates each dessert when ordered and it was very good as well.
Be sure to visit the Spur and I am sure that you too won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a fabulous dinner at the Spur. The decor is excellent and the food was so good we are going back tonight. Our waitress was outstanding. I have nothing but praise for the Spur

I was so glad to read that you loved your Spur dining experience so much. I will pass along your compliments to the entire Spur team! Thanks for posting.