“Traditional German/Alpine Fare”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2019

If you come here knowing what to expect you will not be disappointed. It's a classic sort of German restaurant, so plenty of wurst and potatoes but a few veggie options of which, all of them high quality. The sampler platter had a lot of separate sausages and accoutrements. The pretzels were also quite good. People seem to really like the fondue here, I can't comment on that but overall I was pleased with the quality.

Reviewed February 23, 2019

Have traveled to Austria and Germany multiple times. No one there ever stopped me from entering restaurant because they thought "People from my culture" only could not down a bratwurst or Schnitzel. But lo and behold the hostess of Alpenhof, Anne, the keeper of culture in our very own Jackson Hole Wyoming took it upon herself to decide for me that "People from my culture" did not eat German fare!! So she stopped our party at the door as we entered the restaurant and before handing us the menu told us "we do not have vegetarian options.Want to make sure you understand". Well hello rude service, courtesy here.
So we asked you do have Schnitzel right? She backed off and let us in. After paying a generous tip, we stopped by the hostess and told her that her stopping us from entering the restaurant and deciding for us that we must not eat meat reeked of poor service. To which she added "But people from your culture prefer don't eat meat" Ah the joys of insult to injury. We told her not to assume things on our behalf just because we "look" a certain way.
Thanks Anne, for reminding me of my “otherness” and making assumptions about “People from our culture”
Do visit this cute joint if you like to be educated by Anne on what “People from your culture” eat. And enjoy the lovely dog who sits by the table perhaps begging for some non-meat options?

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed February 17, 2019

I'd been here 20 years ago and remembered the terrific fondue, but when I went in for lunch I was impressed by the European feel and cuisine. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Coastman3
Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

Okay, I know what you are thinking...fondue is stodgy and dated. I’m here to tell you to get the heck over it! Fondue is FUN! And Alpenhof Bistro has some great fondue! When was the last time you were encouraged to play with your food? Our family had a great time, think I’m gonna track down some bell bottoms now! Bonus points for some nice old world charm in the dining room as well!

Reviewed January 1, 2019

This is the most fun restaurant in Teton Village, given that their specialty is fondue and it is just such a great -and these days unusual - group activity! But the place is a fail. There is such potential here, but mediocre food and terrible service just don't allow for a successful outing. If they could get their act together, this would be the most popular place in the village. Sadly, it is this way every time we return, and i think we have finally decided not to return until something major changes.

Date of visit: December 2018