“Fabulous Getaway with great service”

Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 17, 2010

There are so many good things to say about this hotel, it’s hard know where to start - the endless jacuzzi, the pleasant staff, the accommodations and services, the fireplace and surround sound system, the warming fire pits out on the resort grounds, or the incredible view of snow covered mountains, sunsets, and sunrises. Located at the base of a ski resort, there's no lack of incredible views or activities.

We stayed in a new section of the hotel and there are still a few bugs being worked out, but the staff more than made up for any inconvenience we encountered during our stay. We called about a few small issues with our room and the staff was quick to respond and accommodate our needs and then some. I’ve never experienced such willingness of a hotel staff to ensure my visit was the best ever. That’s a huge compliment from me since I’ve traveled so much for business over the past 20 years, hotels have often been my second home.

Our last few nights there we stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchen. The kitchen was fully equipped with all the essentials and modern appliances. The sitting area had a fireplace, large, flat screen TV, DVD player, Bose 5.1 surround sound system and an ipod dock. In both rooms we used during our week long visit, the beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows and a supply of extra pillows and blankets in the closet. Boot/glove warmers in every room. The bathrooms were kept at a comfortable temperature with heated floors, plenty of towels, and bathrobes. For those of you committed to the environment, the Hotel Terra is an eco-lodge with a commitment to being green and provides shampoos, lotions, and soaps free of allergens, and a separate trash can for recyclable items.

There are plenty of restaurants, bars/lounges, and shops within walking distance. We tried several of them and enjoyed every meal we had. Need a beverage or snacks for the room, there’s near by shops for that too! Being an outdoor adventure resort, you may desire a little pampering at the end of the day. We indulged in the rooftop endless Jacuzzi with a 180 degree view of snow covered mountains. What a way to finish off a day of skiing!

To sum it up, I can’t find a bad thing to say about my stay, and can’t say enough about the pleasant hotel staff. I give Hotel Terra a 5+ stars!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 14, 2010

My wife and I decided to turn a business trip of mine into a long weekend of skiing. Since our trip was a weekend getaway, we wanted to just find a hotel at the base of the slopes and relax. Hotel Terra was amazing. The service exceeding my every expectation. I have had the privilege of staying at some very fine and expensive resorts, but never have I received such friendly and attentive service as Hotel Terra. We stayed in a simple guestroom, but were greeted with the most perfect views of the slopes (RM 208). The food in Teton Village was excellent, especially at the Cascade restaurant (recommended by the front desk). A car is not necessary if you stay at Teton Village, and the bus transit to Jackson was very convenient. I would also recommend taking a break from skiing and try a snowmobile trip. We took a trip to Granite Hot Springs which included approximately an 1 hour trek on a trail to a natural hot spring where we changed into our swimsuits and soaked in the pool for about 45 minutes while surrounded by snow covered trees and mountains. If you are not an experienced snowmobile rider (which I am not) then I would not recommend a lengthy trip into Yellowstone park. From the comments I heard from other people, it was just more work than anticipated. I can't say enough good things about my stay at Hotel Terra, but I know you won't be disappointed.

P.S. - the skiing is great.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I can't rate the staff at this hotel highly enough - everyone was so helpful. Our stay was very enjoyable - the cafe staff were able to cater to our fussy 6 year old, the concierge and reception staff were very knowledgable about the area, and the pool was out of this world! Relaxing in a really warm pool outside watching skiers coming down the mountain has to be the most decadent thing I've ever done! We came at the start of the season so everything about Jackson was brilliant, new kit, helpful ski gear staff and excellent teachers. And don't forget the ski valets they were great getting our kit out for us and putting it away when we were so tired after being out in the cold fresh air. Brilliant hotel and ski resort, worth the 3 flights it took to get there from UK!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Terra for 5 nights over the New Years holiday. We had never been to Jackson Hole before and had found the hotel using Tripadvisor.

We loved Hotel Terra- friendly staff (Nancy, the concierge, was extremely helpful as were all of the guys in the ski valet), comfortable rooms and great amenities (hot tub, spa and delicious restaurant) made our stay a good one. It's proximity to the mountain is great- about a 3 minute walk to the tram. Plus, the Hotel Terra is an eco-friendly establishment!

The hotel restaurant, Osteria, is not to be missed... delicious food and inviting atmosphere. We ate there several times. We also took full advantage of the two hot tubs located at the hotel- an inviting end to a long ski day.

The hotel is located in the ski village- about a 30 minute bus ride into the town of Jackson. The bus is easy to access and the driver's were very willing to help out with directions.

We are already looking forward to our next trip to Jackson and the Hotel Terra.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We spent 5 nights at Hotel Terra during the festive season. The hotel is in a great location. The concierge was extremely helpful pre-arrival by arranging all of our dinners, hotel transport, etc. I found this particularly useful given that we live in Europe so it saved me from having to call around and organise. The staff were always very pleasant, friendly and helpful. The decor of our room was nice as was the decor in the entire hotel. Beds were comfortable, plenty of towels, robes, etc. The ski valet was fantastic as was the boot warmers in the rooms. I liked the fact that you could have free wine or cookies in the lobby from 4-6pm; it was a very nice touch. Osteria was a pleasant experience; certainly good enough for a ski resort. I enjoyed the hot tubs on both the 3rd and 6th floors and we were given free champagne one night while we were using the facilities which was very nice. The steam room went down very well with the people in our room as well.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

The needs improvement (what makes it not a 5-star+ experience): Things like the fact that there was free internet and printing on-site would have been good to know from the beginning. I felt like I had to ask a lot of questions to get the information I need rather than having the staff anticipate my needs. There was no mini-bar in the room. Slippers would have been helpful so that we could pop down to the 3rd floor hot tube or the 6th floor hot tub/steam/sauna. I would have really appreciated some champagne on arrival given that my flight had been delayed by 4hrs and it was Christmas. Chocolates or mints at the front desk or in our rooms would have been nice as well. I would have liked to receive a copy of my itinerary when I checked in rather than receiving it on the 2nd day. The cafe menu is a bit odd... I would have like some different choices for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Constantlyontheroad
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Expensive but worth every penny
Hotel is excellent staff could not be faulted for the service they provided during our stay even when my partner was ill and we missed a trip they reorganised with the company on our behalf .
Nothing to much trouble
Hotel standards 5 * rooms beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean and well maintained.
Great sightseeing with yellowstone nearby and a good ski resort

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We all, that is my wife and friends, felt the warmth and the appreciation of all the staff during our week long stay. A wonderful place to stay with all the needs of a great vacation met. A special shout out to Sarah, the hotel concierge and the folks at the front desk and in the front lobby. They all made us feel specail and that we were the only guest staying at the Hotel Terra. Until the next time, a most Happy New Year to all. We are looking forward to seeing you all very soon.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole

Been to Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort? Share your experiences!