We were returning customers at Hotel Terra but are now disenchanted. Last year, we made reservations as returning customers. Despite our calling the Hotel's number and our specifically referencing rooms at the Terra, the clerk reserved rooms in the Terra's sister hotel. After we discovered the Hotel's error, we had to go excessive effort to get the hotel to agree to correct its mistake. Then, when we arrived, the rooms that it had promised still weren't available. We had to explain the dilemma and wait for a couple of hours while the management came up with another solution. Because we liked the hotel itself and our time there was pleasant enough, we wanted to stay again this year. Again -- in October 2012 -- we reserved rooms well in advance. On a Friday, the clerk promised to hold the rooms through Monday. He also said that plenty of rooms were available. When we called on Monday to put down our deposit -- after booking plane reservations -- we were told that the reservations had been cancelled at 8 pm on Sunday. The Hotel had both our cell phone number and email but never contacted us before canceling our reservations before the agreed upon deadline. Moreover, management said that no comparable rooms were available. The rooms management proposed as an alternative it offerred only at double the price. Ultimately, management did not return phone messages or respond to polite emails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 132-room Hotel Terra Jackson Hole is an award-winning boutique hotel located at the base of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Teton Village, WY and serves as the destination’s premier lifestyle hotel. The ski-in slopeside location is only steps to the resort’s iconic aerial tram accessing 500 inches of average snowfall. Combining modern amenities with all the plush comforts of home, the AAA Four Diamond hotel is the ideal basecamp for year-round mountain adventures, located only one mile from Grand Teton National Park and 50 miles to Yellowstone. Hotel Terra welcomes guests with a full-resort experience, indulging guests with a boutique spa, outdoor infinity pool, rooftop hot tub, ski valet with on-site ski rentals, complimentary concierge services, shopping, and fine dining at the rustic Italian restaurant Il Villaggio Osteria. As Wyoming’s first LEED Silver-certified property, Hotel Terra’s sustainable design infuses modern décor with eco-friendly elements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terra Jackson Hole Hotel
- Terra Jackson Hole Teton Village
- Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort Teton Village