“Awesome place to stay”

Inn at Jackson Hole
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Teton Village
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Very clean, friendly staff, central location. Rooms are very nice with kitchenettes and fireplace and balcony. Very short drive to the Grand Tetons and a beautiful view from the hotel. Our stay was everything we hoped for, for this vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Inn at Jackson Hole

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a dump of a room - for the price. I would not stay here again. The air conditioner was located in the closet with a hose connected to the outside wall. We couldn't use the closet because you couldn't open the sliding doors. The beds were lumpy. The bathroom was dirty, and in fact there were dirty towels hanging on the door when we arrived. My family wouldn't eat the breakfast. The service there was terrible. I tried two mornings to get breakfast. The first day they were out of food for about 20 minutes while I waited. The second day they were out of plates for about 10 minutes and then when I finally put some eggs on my plate and looked for a seat, there wasn't a clean table in the place. The pool and hot tub were nice. Overall, it's in desperate need of TLC.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Had an incredible trip to Jackson Hole during the summer and the Inn at Jackson Hole made the trip that much better. Amanda and everyone at the Front Desk was so helpful and courteous. I would go back in a heart beat. This hotel is set in one of the most beautiful places in the whole world. Wonderful staff, nice rooms, and everything I could ask for in a hotel. The Inn at Jackson Hole was conveniently located to all of my favorite activities. Animal watching, riding the tram to the top of the mountain, close to great restaurants, and town. I could not have picked a better place to stay. If I go back to Jackson Hole I would definitely stay at the Inn at Jackson Hole.

Room Tip: I was on a trip with some of my good friends and Amanda set us up all together at the hotel, which w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Hotel location is great. Room and bathroom were clean. The hotel needs some updating, but the price is right. Service was excellent. The front desk was very helpful & house keeping lady very friendly. Breakfast area was very busy, but they had plenty of food choices. I will definetly stay at this hotel again. I traveled with a five year old and she had a fun time at the spa tub, because pool water was not heated. I recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Pros:
Just an hour and a half from Yellowstone.
Breakfast was good.
Bed was comfortable

Cons:
There's another hotel right behind this one blocking the mountain scenery
This hotel is next to a hostel lots of weird people walking around
There was dirty food left in the fridge
The door knob to go on the balcony was broken
They were running cold hose water in the hot tub at 8pm so the water was freezing even though it doesn't close until 10pm
The air conditioning was broken had zero AC and the windows open didn't do much since it was hot out
The tub would not drain water. Had to shower in over half full standing water
They left two decaf coffee filters no regular grrr
I called to see how long breakfast was open till and got an abrupt 10 and a click. Not great customer service. Rude

Overall the best I can say is I was accommodated much better at the canyon campground in Yellowstone even though I was staying in a tent.
Hope this helps! Do not waste your money or vacation on this hotel stay!!

• Stayed: June 2014
David J, General Manager at Inn at Jackson Hole, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

I am sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory stay here in Jackson Hole. Unfortunately, I cannot control where other hotels are located and the guests staying at those hotels. But, I would have liked the opportunity to make right the issues that you did have with my hotel.
I assure you that I will address the problems that have now been brought to my attention. I will say that it is always better to be in contact with the manager whenever you are dissatisfied with the property. It is always my goal to have every guest leaving happy, but it is challenge, I do again apologize for the issues in your stay, please contact me if you would like to correct the matter.
My direct line is 307-734-2292
David Jackson GM

Reviewed June 18, 2014

If we get back to Jackson Hole next year, we surely will stay at the Inn at Jackson Hole. All of the front desk staff was kind and courteous to us. The housekeeping manager was so cordial and helpful as well.
Thanks again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob J
Reviewed June 18, 2014

So we were leery of staying at this hotel because of all the negative reviews, but found a deal on Priceline that we couldn't pass up. We did pay extra (about $13 a night) to get a deluxe room and we are SO glad we did. I can't imagine what staying in the standard rooms would have been like.

First, The room we got was remodeled. The kitchenette had stainless steel microwave and minifridge as well as a granite countertop. There was a gas fireplace, but we couldn't figure out how to turn it on-not a huge deal since it is summer. The bed was comfortable. The furniture fit into the cabin-y theme and the lighting fixtures were pretty cool as they had wildlife metal cutouts on them (however, it was super annoying that they weren't on a switch and you had to turn them all on individually). The bathroom is where the sloppiness of the remodel showed. The countertop was again granite and the mirror was new too. The tub/shower had not been remodeled and really needed it. The shower head is low, the knobs are old and hard to work, and the drain is an open giant black nasty hole. I noticed that the wallpaper under the sink had peeled up and was singed looking around the heater-kind of a fire hazard in my opinion. The flooring in the whole unit looked like it could be replaced and the rumors on the paint job are true. It isn't necessarily the color that is the problem-it's the touchup jobs that are horrendous because they used a lighter paint color for that. It looks like a kid was let loose in their on the walls.

Second and most importantly, SKIP THE BREAKFAST. Don't even go in there. It's gross. We attempted breakfast the first day and I couldn't believe they would even offer this crappy of an experience. It makes the Holiday Inn Express breakfast seem like dining at Flemming's. When we got there it was jam packed and there was not clear organization of getting your plate and food. So we finally figured out how to get a plate. The hostess was bringing out literally 1 plate and bowl at a time from the back. I honestly think they didn't have enough dishes and silverware and someone in the back was washing them by hand as people finished using them. The plate I got was still covered in what I hope was just ketchup. I asked for a different plate and showed her the one I got and she didn't act surprised at all. Then there is the food itself. The only edible things are the waffles you make yourself and the packaged yogurt. Everything else may have been cooked last week and sat in a warm window until they are ready to serve it. If you put enough dried basil on it, it will taste fresh.....Seriously, the fried potatoes were disgusting! It was like they were partially dehydrated and cooked at the same time and then rolled in basil. The sausage....I have never seen sausage that looked like that. It was the color of hotdogs. Maybe they were mini breakfast hotdogs. Go to McDonald's or get some cinnamon Rolls/muffins from the Albertson's.

Third, parking does suck.

If I were coming from far away and this was a once in a lifetime vacation, I would spend 300-400 more to get a better hotel. This place is not the worst, but it's not going to leave you with great memories.

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Alpenhof Lodge
Alpenhof Lodge
#5 of 7 in Teton Village

Been to Inn at Jackson Hole? Share your experiences!