“Great Place”

The Hostel
Douglasville
“Great Place”
Reviewed July 13, 2006

Great Place to stay. We stayed there for 2 nights on the front end of our Grand Teton/Yellowstone trip and 1 night for the backend of the trip. Kids loved it. Nice staff. Very rustic and peaceful. Kids loved the game room. Would highly recommend. Will stay there again whenever I am back in Jackson Hole.

• Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed June 29, 2006

What a great place. Super location at the base of the ski mountain. Close (15 mins or so) to Jackson town, though gas, food and restaurants in Teton Village. Gorgeous back road drive, Moose-Wilson, as alternative to John D. Rockefeller Parkway to reach hotel.

Very clean. Nice homey atmosphere. Beautiful views of the mountains.

Laundry room, rec room in basement, croquet on the front lawn. Very friendly staff.

Hard to leave. Would definitely stay again.

Btw, the name is misleading. It is not a hostel. They only have private rooms, all with bath.

• Stayed June 2006
Reviewed June 2, 2005

My family wanted to visit Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks last summer as an extension of a trip to my hometown in Idaho. We were driving from California and we didn't have room to bring all of our camping gear, but we didn't have the budget for hotels either. I discovered The Hostel through some internet research. I was a bit skeptical, but the price was right. I had stayed in Teton Village a few years before, so I knew that the location was good.

We all thought The Hostel was great. The rooms are rather spartan, but I couldn't think of much that was missing that I really needed or that would make me want to pay more money. The kids loved the bunk beds. We could walk all around Teton Village, and the views from all directions are beautiful. The downstairs common areas are casual and comfortable, and they add a social dynamic to The Hostel that you don't get in a regular hotel. You actually meet some of the other guests and enjoy talking to them. The staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area.

My two children would probably say that their favorite part of The Hostel is the resident yellow Tabby, Yowler (sp?), who is more than happy to visit your room.

I don't recommend day-tripping to Yellowstone from The Hostel. It's just too much driving and makes for a really long day. For Grand Teton NP, however, it's perfect. You can be in the park in minutes.

The only thing we really found ourselves wanting in our room was a small refrigerator. Perhaps they will consider that. Overall, however, it's a wonderful, rustic place to say at a good price. Staying at The Hostel is a great way to insulate yourself from the creeping Aspenization of Jackson Hole.

• Stayed August 2004
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 29, 2004

While visiting my daughter in Idaho on our return trip to Wisconsin via the northern route I was treated to the Hostel in Jackson Hole Teton Village. This was a surprise from my 16 year old son and his dad for my birthday. We stopped for the night in Teton Village and stayed at the Hostel one night. It was very nice, price affordable, and the staff there was terrific. Family friendly and their basement lounge area to share with all is really nice. Met some nice people from all different countries. Felt very welcomed.
I would definitely stay there again and refer it to others.
Thanks again for letting me submit this review.
Susan Haas
Grafton,WI.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2003

Hostel x at Teton Village is a great value for accomodations in the Jackson Hole area. It is very rustic and minimalist. Each room has a tiny bathroom with barely room for a toilet and shower. The sink is in the bedroom. The beds are without box springs, just a mattress on a plywood base. Rooms have either 4 bunk beds or one bed with 2 twin mattresses side by side. There is no TV or other amenities in the room, but for campers used to staying in a simple cabin, it will be more than adequate. It follows the style of European youth hostels: there are recreation rooms adjacent to the office with TVs, computers, chess games, jigsaw puzzles, books, ping pong, and a ski tuning shop. Expect to find a variety of friendly people of different nationalities.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch

Been to The Hostel? Share your experiences!