Tripadvisor
Teton Village
Review Highlights
Nice Horseback Ride

We were a group of 20, so it takes awhile to get everyone mounted and instructions. We did the... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2019
805nsb
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
via mobile
One Hour Trail Ride

Had a wonderful ride. Something my wife has always wanted to do! It was a perfect afternoon weather... read more

Reviewed September 19, 2019

from $125.00
from $169.24
from $140.00
More Info
All reviews great ride hour ride horseback ride easy ride jackson hole horses riders guide scenery trial forest photos ranch
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

I have to say that our hotel recommended this as a good highlight activity. However, I was totally upset of the conditions of the horses. My son’s hand was black from petting the head of one of the horses. The horses were not bathed and the manes were all tangled. One of the horses that we rode had an open bleeding sore from the bridle. You can tell they are poorly looked after. There was one horse that was so sickly with conjunctivitis that the eye was shut. It was sad to see. Then the horses were tied to the fence so if they wanted water they couldn’t reach it. I felt so bad. I recommend that you seek another place.

Date of experience: June 2019
3  Thank scribnerwaye
Candace R, Owner at Teton Village Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2019

I had to respond to this crazy review!

Our horses are very well taken care of. They work hard and are treated with the utmost care.

They are however working horses. No, they do not get bathed. Not only would this not make sense, it is not natural for a horse to get bathed.

Our horses get to run in a huge pasture at night and get to be a horse. After packing guests all day, this is the best and healthiest thing for a horse. They get knots in their mane and roll in the grass, dirt and even an occasional pile of manure. This is a natural for a horse, it is in no way an indication that the horse is mistreated or abused.

The horses get watered at least a dozen times through out the day. This claim is just plain and simply false.

The horse this person is referring to with the eye issue I’m sure is a horse we call Dory. She has pink pigmentation around her eye and we smother her eye everyday with sunblock to prevent her from getting cancer. I saved her from the slaughter truck a few years ago because of her eye and was willing to take care of her eye. She is a really good horse and deserved a second chance. All this person had to do was ask and she would have been informed, but instead she decided to jump to social media and make false claims and uneducated accusations.

Although the “bathing” comment made me laugh, it is not funny when someone decides to make false and ridiculous claims especially when you clearly have no idea of what you are talking about.

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

The guides did a great job. The horses were in excellent condition & the cowboys were genuine! Certainly recommend this outing!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Shocked at very poor condition of horse's feet and lack of water and roughage in paddocks. Cracks in hooves extend from the toe to the coronary band on many of the mounts. I saw a couple of horses who had lost one or two of their shoes but we're still ridden.

Horses were not underfed, but the condition of their feet and the lack of access to water is unacceptable.

As a veterinarian and horseman I strongly advise against supporting this facility until they can manage and maintain proper,basic animal husbandry.

Date of experience: September 2018
7  Thank nellmashofar
Reviewed September 9, 2018

If you are an animal lover, you may be offended...the poor horses stay saddled up all day...one side doesn't even have food or water obviously for the horses use. Also, the fields are covered with horse feces and the poor horses lay in their own waste. someone needs to report them to PETA or another advocate agency

Date of experience: September 2018
5  Thank Tracy C
Reviewed September 2, 2018

It had rained the morning of our ride. We were a group of about 16 and the going was slow, but in spots the horses were slipping and sliding. Other than that it is a very easy trail to ride. The guide was just that - a guide. Hard to talk when you have a big group on a narrow trail. The only downside was there weren't many places to stop for photos.

Date of experience: August 2018