Review Highlights
Nice Horseback Ride

We were a group of 20, so it takes awhile to get everyone mounted and instructions. We did the... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2019
805nsb
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
via mobile
One Hour Trail Ride

Had a wonderful ride. Something my wife has always wanted to do! It was a perfect afternoon weather... read more

Reviewed September 19, 2019

from $125.00
from $169.24
from $140.00
More Info
All reviews great ride hour ride horseback ride easy ride jackson hole horses riders guide scenery trial forest photos ranch
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2018

I grew up caring and riding horses. I was very disconcerted to see how the horses were treated and taken care of. First thing in the morning, 40 horses were saddled and left to stand in the heat all day whether or not, they were taken out for a ride. The horses were poorly groomed and did not look like anyone took care of them. I have been told if the horses misbehave on the trail, they are not fed for three days and from what I saw, this is not hard to believe. As an animal lover, I was extremely upset and hope they owner will change his ways.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Jamie R
Candace R, Owner at Teton Village Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

As a business, we feel it is very important to respond to the outlandish misinformation in this review. Our horses are some of the best taken care of animals in the industry. Every guest horse at this location is taken out to a large pasture every evening and has all the grass they can eat, and they get grain every morning. The horses have all of the winter months off, and are fed very well all year. We take good care of them because we have no business without them. These are some of the reasons why our horses are some of the most sought after guest horses in the intermountain west. We work hard to provide the best experience we can for our guests, and having well taken care of horses is the largest part of that effort.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This was a great time for our 4 year old daughter. They set her up on a mature horse. The sweet horse was gentle with us. They allowed us to walk the horse around the fenced in area. So it was just us in the field enjoying the beautiful scenery while building a great memory with our little girl.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

We took the two hour ride in the early evening and then took the gondola up to the ski lodge! What a wonderful experience! The ride was leisurely and just what I needed after a hectic airplane travel day. Horses were great (watch out for "Detour" he lives up to his name...but fun anyway!). Guide was great.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time riding with the hubby and two daughters (5 and 8). Me and the girls have ridden, but the hubby hasn't and it was amazing to all be out on a trail on safe horses. Miranda, the guide, was really good with the girls and answering our questions. Definitely recommend bug spray and a ride at 8am or 9am because it was perfect out, not to hot. Scenery was beautiful as well!

1  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We walked in and booked straight onto an hours trail ride. The process was fairly quick and easy and all the staff friendly and helpful, EXCEPT they failed to mention the high risk of insect bites in the woods. I even asked the lady at the front desk if I was ok to ride in shorts as I had other clothes in the car. Despite the fact she said I would be fine for an hour, I still decided to change into a pair of 3/4 length sports leggings. Sadly these did nothing to save me and combined with a vest top, and I now have over 50 nasty insect bites all over my arms, legs and back. One arm and one leg are swollen and they itch terribly all the time.

The staff must be aware of the issue, as our guide mentioned the insect repellent strips that appeared to have been nailed to a few of the trees along the route, saying he hoped they were doing their job!

Now I totally understand the general risks of going out into the countryside and that you may get bitten. However as an overseas tourist paying good money to take a tour, I feel that this miserable situation that I find myself in could have been totally avoided had the receptionist given me fair warning to cover up or use insect repellent.

The ride itself would have been so much more enjoyable had I not been continuously swatting insects away from my bare skin. As I said the leggings did not help as I was bitten through them ,and you really should only wear jeans.

Scenery was great and horses were all well looked after.

I would have given 5 stars had I been given the right information when I booked the ride regarding the risk of bites, as I could have simply worn more appropriate clothing.